Labels in Charts

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
ksa

Labels in Charts

Post by ksa » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi,

We are using V8.

When TeeCharts displays the chart, we often have the labels on the various bars of a barchart overlapping each other. Is there any way to control this so that those labels don't overlap?

Also, why when we make the labels not visible, the legend duplicates all of the existing text?

We'd love any help you can give us, or point us to the correct section in the help text - I haven't been able to find anything that helps me understand anything we can do to control labels.

Thanks!
Jill

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Labels in Charts

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:27 am

Hi Jill,

Axes labels are drawing trying to prevent overlapping by default. If you are seeing some overlapping, it may be due to some specific settings in your chart. So, could you please send us a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here?

And the same for the duplicated text in the legend. It could be caused for the LegendStyle you've set and the series characteristics.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

ksa

Post by ksa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Here are 4 charts in the zip file:

LabelsOverlap.tee = an example of how the labels are overlapping on the chart.

LabelsOverlap2.tee = another example of the overlapping labels.

Legendduplicated.tee = a sample of a chart with a legend duplicated (notice in the legend where the same labels are duplicated over and over).

Legendokay.tee= the very same chart -- all we did was tell it to show the labels and the leged shows each value only once.

Thanks for your help!
Jill
Attachments
SampleCharts.zip
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 622 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Jill,

Here you can find proposed solutions for the marks overlapping:
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... ie+overlap

For the legend problem, I can see in the chart loaded that the data is duplicated: I've added a Teecommander, I've opened the editor, gone to data tab and I've seen that there are 26 values.
While in the LegendOkay example I can see 13 values in the data tab.
So it may be due to how are you adding the data to your chart. It would be helpful if we could see it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

ksa

Post by ksa » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Thank you for pointing me to the post regarding the labels overlap. I'll review and give it a try.

Regarding the dupliated legend data, all we're doing is running a stored procedure and passing that data to the chart. The charts are actually the same chart - one is just the results when we've specified to show labels and one is where we've specified to not show labels. We're just going into the editor tool on the same chart and changing that value back and forth. So, it seems like it's a chart issue, not a stored procedure issue. However, I can send you some of the code, if that would help. Is that what you're needing?

Jill

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 03, 2010 9:13 am

Hi Jill,

Legendduplicated.tee shows a pie with 26 values and marks hidden. But if I force the marks to be shown, I cannot get the same result than in Legendokay.tee, that is a pie with 13 values and marks visible. I'm trying:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Import.LoadFromFile "C:\tmp\Legendduplicated.tee"
  TChart1.Series(0).Marks.Visible = True
And also the reverse:

Code: Select all

TChart1.Import.LoadFromFile "C:\tmp\Legendokay.tee"
  TChart1.Series(0).Marks.Visible = False
So, yes, I think it would be better if you could send a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software