Set width of point

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
miked

Set width of point

Post by miked » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:08 pm

Greetings,

I would like to set the width of a point on a chart (realtime) where the bottom axis is datetime. I have working with tchart.series(seriesindex).CalcXSizeValue(TheValue), "TheValue" is usally seconds and it returns a huge number of pixels. Is this the right method, or do I need to convert something?

The need is to display how long something ran realative to another series of data.

Thanks!

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:27 am

Hi --

You should be able to use the OnGetSeriesPointerStyle event, e.g.

Code: Select all

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim YValue, XValue
With TChart1
    .Aspect.View3D = False
    .AddSeries scPoint
    .Series(0).XValues.DateTime = True
    XValue = Now
    For i = 0 To 10
        YValue = Rnd * 10
        XValue = XValue + 1
        .Series(0).AddXY XValue, YValue, "", clTeeColor
    Next i
End With
End Sub

Private Sub TChart1_OnGetSeriesPointerStyle(ByVal SeriesIndex As Long, ByVal ValueIndex As Long, AStyle As TeeChart.EPointerStyle)
If ValueIndex = 1 Then
    TChart1.Series(0).asPoint.Pointer.HorizontalSize = 1
Else
    TChart1.Series(0).asPoint.Pointer.HorizontalSize = 4
End If
End Sub
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

miked

Decided to use Gantt series

Post by miked » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:03 am

Christopher,

I decided to use the Gantt Series beacuse it has start and end datetime to easily plot the width. However I have found the Marks:Arrow Lengths Property do not appear to be working for the Gantt Series. I would like to be able to move Mark Text off of the Gantt Bar like you can with a line series...

Also,

I am working with streaming data (one stream per series) each stream can be a different interval (1s, 5s, 15s, etc). It appears that if I do not delete a point before it goes beyond the left wall in a 3D rotateable view, the series actually at times appears on the other (left) side of the wall. Is there a property that controls this (like clipoints). I have created a fix up for deleting points and creating new points to make an angled line appear correctly at the point of the left wall, but this is not accurate if I were to export the data using the chart export function.

Any help with this as well would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Mike D.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:44 am

Hi Mike,
width. However I have found the Marks:Arrow Lengths Property do not appear to be working for the Gantt Series. I would like to be able to move Mark Text off of the Gantt Bar like you can with a line series...
To move the Marks to a custom position using the Gantt series type you must use something like the following code :

Code: Select all

Private Sub Form_Load()
With TChart1
    .AddSeries scGantt
    .Series(0).FillSampleValues 10
    .Series(0).Marks.Visible = True
    .Environment.InternalRepaint
     With .Series(0).Marks.Positions
        .Position(1).Custom = True
        .Position(1).LeftTop.X = .Position(1).LeftTop.X + 20
        .Position(1).LeftTop.Y = .Position(1).LeftTop.Y + 10
     End With
End With
End Sub
I am working with streaming data (one stream per series) each stream can be a different interval (1s, 5s, 15s, etc). It appears that if I do not delete a point before it goes beyond the left wall in a 3D rotateable view, the series actually at times appears on the other (left) side of the wall. Is there a property that controls this (like clipoints). I have created a fix up for deleting points and creating new points to make an angled line appear correctly at the point of the left wall, but this is not accurate if I were to export the data using the chart export function.
I'm not sure what you refer, could you please post the code I you're using so I can reproduce the problem here ?