FastLine AddRealTime ignores axis limits

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
TTL

FastLine AddRealTime ignores axis limits

Post by TTL » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:20 pm

Hello,

I am using TeeChart 7.0.0.5 with Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual Basic 6 on Windows XP.

I sent the example project to the newsgroup.

There are two TeeChart controls in the example project. Both use FastLine series. Control on the left demonstrates Series.AddXY(), chart on the right demonstrates problem with AddRealTime.

I set axis minimum and maximum axis limits using SetMinMax. Next, I use either Series.AddXY or AddRealTime functions to add points to a FastLine series. In first case, as shown in TeeChart on the left, if Y coordinate is greater than maximum axis value, it is not shown. In case of AddRealTime, as shown by TeeChart on the right, the axis maximum is increased to fit the value. This happens even though Automatic value of axis remains False.

Setting axis minimum and maximum after AddRealTime restores wanted values, but I don't want to slow down my app by additional SetMinMax calls.

Thanks,
Alex

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:08 am

Hi Alex,

Yes, this is a bug (TA05011024) which I have added to our defect list to be fixed for future releases. In the meantime, you'll have to use AddXY or what you suggested about SetMinMax, but this will slow down your application as you noted.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FastLine AddRealTime ignores axis limits

Post by Marc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:49 pm

FYI. This issue was closed with this comment:

Code: Select all

(June 2012) - There is a property for this, .asFastLine.AutoSizeVertAxis since v5 or v6
Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support