Missing "Series" class

TeeChart for Java (NetBeans, Eclipse, Android Studio, etc)
Jack

Missing "Series" class

Post by Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 pm

I just downloaded Java V2 and I am less than thrilled with TeeChart thus far. The installation documentation is borderline useless with IDEs (e.g., no information about adding components to palettes; no indication of which components actually need to be added to palette). But the real problem is that the Series class is missing. I rebuilt the TeeChart jar file, and TeeBase was missing. Then I referenced the distributed jar file (TeeChart.Swing.jar) and TeeBase is in the jar but the Series class is not (as reported by NetBeans when importing TeeChart). It appears the class is missing, and that TeeBase is missing from source. Please advise.
Jack Copper

Jack

Re: Missing "Series" class

Post by Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:21 pm

OK - I found the Series class in teechart.styles. So why aren't the required imports shown in Tutorial1, which would have prevented this aggravation. I would still like to know what components should be placed on the palette. Ultimately I want to create charts at Design (not RUN) time. I do not want users to muck around with changing series or most other Chart properties. I want to drop a chart on a form from the IDE, choose the type of chart, then programmatically hook up data. I think what I want is to see the Chart Series dialog at design time so I can choose the chart type. What component/bean does that, if any?
Jack Copper

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Jack,

Only to tell you we haven't missed this. We'll give you an answer as soon as possible.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:10 am

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll make some modifications to the documentation to include more comments on palette components and required imports for Tutorial 1.

The demo project included with TeeChart is intended to show working code to achieve different functionality and appearance. TeeChart for Java is not designtime activated to save changes though we are considering enabling designtime support for at least one or two of the main IDEs for the future (for Swing). The Chart Editor is intended to offer access to making changes at runtime only.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support