Swing or SWT

TeeChart for Java (NetBeans, Eclipse, Android Studio, etc)
Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:11 pm

Hi Alexander,
Will there be a TeeChart java version that uses SWT? Or will it only support swing?
Yes, it will be available.
Besides that, is there any release schedule, or an idea about when the first release will be ready?
Not by now.
I entered the customer code and password I received, but it seems there is only one set for the beta, is this true? So the previous post "still alive" has also my name on it, since I changed the info of this user... :S. But i didn't post it...
Yes, we are aware of this weakpoint. We are working on solving it. We will try to put a generic fix name like "Java Beta Tester" and the users will have to sign the message to be identified.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

David Berneda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by David Berneda » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:31 am

Hi Alexander
Right now there's a TChart derived from awt.Panel, another from swing.JPanel another from awt.Applet. Soon to come other TChart-derived classes. All of them right now are using our monster-long Graphics3D class that internally uses Graphics2D.

To use swing.GC the problem is internally the chart is using classes like awt.Rectangle, awt.Color, Font, etc, so there must be a conversion from these classes to what GC / Draw2D requires. We're in the middle of investigating if this is possible without breaking support for awt and Graphics2D. There is also the conversion to OpenGL graphics.

regards
david

David Berneda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by David Berneda » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:36 pm

sorry, I meant to say "org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC" instead of "swing.GC"

regards
david