TeeChart as Component

TeeChart for Java (NetBeans, Eclipse, Android Studio, etc)

TeeChart as Component

Post by » Tue May 16, 2006 4:33 pm

Hi steema,

I would like to know, could i add TeeChart Pro for Java v1.0 BETA to JBuilder(or another IDE) as a component. And can i use this component in desing time (like in Borland C++Builder).
Or it is the only way to use TeeChart Pro for Java is writting my own code using library.

Best regards, Paul

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Wed May 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Hi,

Do you mean if the Java components are also available/useable from a Java graphical user interface, like eg Matisse of NetBeans 5.0?

Yes, you can. How depends on the editor you use. In NetBeans you can add components to the palette as follows:

Go to Tools > Palette Manager > Swing/AWT components
Click on the Add from JAR and select the teeChart.Swing.jar package

Now wait until NetBeans has collected all components. Select the ones you would like to have on your palette (eg TChart). Then select under which category the components have to be places (eg Beans).

That's all.

Now, when you start a new form. You will find your selected components under the category you've placed them. Select a component (eg TChart) and drop it on the form.

Regards,
tom.

Post by » Wed May 24, 2006 10:48 am

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your answer.

I'm using JBuilder 2005, and have been trying a lot of times to add teeChart.Swing.jar package but it doesn't appear in palette.

best regards,
Paul

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Thu May 25, 2006 12:51 am

Hi,

Since there is at the moment no beaninfo information in the jar file, we need to manually install the beans. In JBuilder 2005 you can do this as follows:

First import the library:

Tools > Configure > Libraries
Click on the 'New' Button.
Provide a name (eg TeeChart) and give it a location
Click the Add button to add the library

Second add the bean components to a palette:

Go to Tool > Configure > Palette

If you want, you can make a 'Steema' page here by clicking on the 'Page' Button.

Go to the Add Components tab

Select the TeeChart library (added in stap 1, see above) through the 'select library' button.

Select the palette page to which you want to add the beans (eg Swing or Steema, if you created this one above)

Select 'No filtering' at the component filtering

Press the 'Add From selected library'

Now give the following class names and press ok (redo this for each class mentioned below):

com.steema.teechart.TChartBeanInfo
com.steema.teechart.CommanderBeanInfo
com.steema.teechart.editors.ChartEditorBeanInfo
com.steema.teechart.editors.ButtonColorBeanInfo
com.steema.teechart.editors.ButtonPenBeanInfo
com.steema.teechart.printer.PreviewPanelBeanInfo

The beans should now be available from the pallete. To check, go to Tools > Configure > Palette and select the page under which you've placed the above beans (eg Steema, Swing, ...); scroll down and now you should see the new added beans in the list

Regards,
Tom

Post by » Mon May 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi Tom,
thanks a lot for your help.

I've added TChart to Palette and also added beans , which you wrote me above, but i have no next beans in my jar package :
com.steema.teechart.CommanderBeanInfo
com.steema.teechart.editors.ChartEditorBeanInfo
com.steema.teechart.printer.PreviewPanelBeanInfo

by the way com.steema.teechart.printer.* - is absent at all.

i have the last available to download package. Is it ok?

And i have one more question - when i put TChart to the form the editor for chart (style, axis, etc) isn't available. what should i do to have it?

best regards, Paul

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:07 pm

ah, you probably don't have these because the last available download package is outdated. Soon a new version will be posted.

Mmm, are you sure it worked? I think I made a mistake, I think you should add the class com.steema.teechart.TChart instead of the BeanInfo class

Please, keep in mind that this is still a beta release and not everything is available yet