ColorGrid - Data adding problem

TeeChart for Java (NetBeans, Eclipse, Android Studio, etc)
Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Thu May 07, 2009 8:26 am

Hello Marius,

This issue has now been moved to the top of the list and will be dealt with as swiftly as possible. We hope to be able to deliver a resolution with a maintenance release within the next two to three weeks.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Marius

Excellent

Post by Marius » Thu May 07, 2009 8:29 am

8)

Very good, thanks!

Marius

Marius

Re: ColorGrid - Data adding problem

Post by Marius » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:22 am

Hola. Any progress on this one? How will it work wrt sorting of input data, format etc?

Thanks in advance
Marius

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 am

Hello Marius,

Apologies for the delay, we're still not quite ready with the resolution to this issue but expect to be able to make the changes available shortly.

Re. sorting of input data, format
No major changes for sorting/format are included with the update.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support

Marius

Post by Marius » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:52 am

Soon = good :)

But the reason why I asked for sorting/formatting of the data is that today I do not know what this is like, as it didnt work. For instance I know that previously a lot of the data series had a bug not allowing you to add x-values as an arraylist (I had to use ser.getXValues().value = someArray[]), so as this series seemingly had some extra demands on sorting of the input I was wondering if you are going to write the formatting needed to plot. Basically I'd like to be able to add 3 arraylists with corresponding indexes, and have those values displayed as X, Y and the final value Z used to indicate/calculate color.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Hello,

Re sorting.
I couldn't say for sure whether the sorting will meet your requirements. We'll email you the modified ColorGrid units for your tests. Modifications have been made and some final tests will be made before they are included with a maintenance release. If you are able to run your own tests and send us some feedback it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support

Marius

Post by Marius » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks alot for the reply and service. I have not yet had time to test the fix, but will do so maybe today. By the way, I notice that in Java version 2 the MathUtils are gone. Have they been replaced, or are we supposed to use java.lang.Math instead?

Thanks in advance and for the help so far
Marius

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 am

Hello Marius,

Yes there was some redundancy between Utils, MathUtils and Java's own Maths. That's been rationalised for v2. You'll find some items in java.lang.Math and others moved to TeeChart's misc.Utils.

Regards,
Marc
Steema Support