Link series to the custom data source

TeeChart FireMonkey (Windows,OSX,iOS & Android) for Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder (XE5+)
vgromov

Link series to the custom data source

Post by vgromov » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:47 pm

I wonder if there is a way to provide data for series from custom source, say, C++ vector?
I have data containers in my framework, which provide random point access, minimax calculation, etc.
So far, I have to copy data from containers to series XY lists, which is quite waste of memory and CPU.
If TChartSeries could invoke interface of some sort, to allow seamless data provision from any custom containers, it would be great.
I assume, LIveBindings may provide an abstraction needed, but its performance is unacceptably low.
Working with interfaced abstraction is preferable.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Link series to the custom data source

Post by Yeray » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello,

You could try directly assigning the XValues and YValues arrays as in the Real-time Charting article here.
I'm not sure if this will fit your requirements, but I'm afraid I can't think on a more generic solution. Note the chart needs these arrays to be populated some way or another to be able to draw the series.

On the other hand, note the Narcís' approach for a related request at StackOverflow regarding TeeChart .NET.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy