Delphi Tools Options errors after installing TeeChart

TeeChart FireMonkey (Windows,OSX,iOS & Android) for Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder (XE5+)
riskassessor

Delphi Tools Options errors after installing TeeChart

Post by riskassessor » Thu May 19, 2016 6:05 pm

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TeeChart several times but can't get rid of this error.

I am using TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.17 and Delphi 10.1 Berlin. When TeeChart is installed, selecting Tools|Options in the IDE gives the error "'some text in foreign script' is not an integer value".

Clicking OK allows entry to the Options dialog but on closing the dialog, the error "List index out of bounds (-1) occurs:

It is easy to show the errors are associated with TeeChart because if I go to Component|Install Packages and uncheck the various TeeChart packages, the errors go away.

Furthermore, if I drop a TChart on a blank form and double click the chart to open the chart editor, some of the menu text items are in the same foreign script as in the first picture above.

What am I doing wrong?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Delphi Tools Options errors after installing TeeChart

Post by Yeray » Fri May 20, 2016 8:53 am

Hello,

I don't remember seeing that before.
riskassessor wrote:Furthermore, if I drop a TChart on a blank form and double click the chart to open the chart editor, some of the menu text items are in the same foreign script as in the first picture above.
That could be the clue to follow. Maybe for some reason the language for your editor is set to Arabic (?) language.
Try changing it through the "Options" dialog:
bds_2016-05-20_10-50-38.png
bds_2016-05-20_10-50-38.png (9.68 KiB) Viewed 10312 times
I've changed mine to Arabic and I still can't see any error when opening "Tools\Options..." through. But worth giving it a try.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

riskassessor

Re: Delphi Tools Options errors after installing TeeChart

Post by riskassessor » Sun May 22, 2016 2:08 am

Hi Yeray,

Your suggestion worked!

I had a slight problem at first because Options does not exist on the right-click menu in a Multi-Device (FMX) app. However, after creating a VCL application and following your suggestion, the problem was resolved for both VCL and FMX.

Thanks.