Minortick, Right axis and legend vertical alignment & col no

TeeChart for Javascript for the HTML5 Canvas

Minortick, Right axis and legend vertical alignment & col no

Postby NickH » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi, I'm having 3 separate issues that is shown on the image below:

Image
https://imgur.com/a/Jc5Ki

1) Right axis not working properly using the correct labels but will show the correct values upon refresh. I have played with the automated settings and it doesnt not seem to fix this issue. Right axis is drawn using verticalAxis = 'both'
2) Minorticks are not appearing on the bottom left, this is consistent on all sizes and will show up when you horizontally slide a little but I was wondering if there's a way to just make it consistently have minor ticks.
3) I was wondering if it was possible to vertically align the legend items (specifically center). As you can see it's difficult to play with the legend padding settings if there's an awkward amount of space between the legend and the bottom of the panel while not having much space between the legend and the axis.

edit: Didn't want to make a new post so adding another question here:

4) Is it possible to set the number of columns for the legend? For example if there are 3 series and the chart is very wide compared to its height, it tries to re-organize itself into a 2x2 but leaves the bottom-right empty so I'd prefer to just let it be one column
NickH
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:00 am

Re: Minortick, Right axis and legend vertical alignment & col no

Postby Yeray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello,

NickH wrote:1) Right axis not working properly using the correct labels but will show the correct values upon refresh. I have played with the automated settings and it doesnt not seem to fix this issue. Right axis is drawn using verticalAxis = 'both'

I can't reproduce the problem with this simple example. Could you please modify it so we can reproduce the problem here?

NickH wrote:2) Minorticks are not appearing on the bottom left, this is consistent on all sizes and will show up when you horizontally slide a little but I was wondering if there's a way to just make it consistently have minor ticks.

I can reproduce this with the same example above, so I've added it to the public tracker:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1990

NickH wrote:3) I was wondering if it was possible to vertically align the legend items (specifically center). As you can see it's difficult to play with the legend padding settings if there's an awkward amount of space between the legend and the bottom of the panel while not having much space between the legend and the axis.

I can also reproduce this issue, so I've added it to the public tracker:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1991

NickH wrote:edit: Didn't want to make a new post so adding another question here:

Please note it's usually easier to track different issues when they are discussed in different threads.

NickH wrote:4) Is it possible to set the number of columns for the legend? For example if there are 3 series and the chart is very wide compared to its height, it tries to re-organize itself into a 2x2 but leaves the bottom-right empty so I'd prefer to just let it be one column

There's a ticket in the public tracker asking for something similar:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1304
Best Regards,

ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image ImagePlease read our Bug Fixing Policy
Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8401
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Girona, Catalonia

Re: Minortick, Right axis and legend vertical alignment & col no

Postby nh128 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:01 am

Hi Veray, next time we'll make separate threads for individual issues.

For issue #2 I've been able to pinpoint the source of error: Tee.Animation via https://www.steema.com/files/public/teechart/html5/introdemo/src/teechart-animations.js

In particular, I reused some code for testing purposes:

Code: Select all

        animation = new Tee.SeriesAnimation();
        animation.duration = 1000;
        animation.kind = "each";
        fadeAnimation = new Tee.FadeAnimation();
        fadeAnimation.duration = 800;
        fadeAnimation.fade.series = true;
        fadeAnimation.fade.marks = true;
        animation.mode = "linear";
        fadeAnimation.mode = "linear";
        animation.items.push(fadeAnimation);
        animation.animate(Chart1);


which is from https://www.steema.com/files/public/teechart/html5/latest/demos/intro/scroller.htm

And the issue does not exist when the animation is disabled. This applies for both my program and your simple program.
nh128
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

Re: Minortick, Right axis and legend vertical alignment & col no

Postby Yeray » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Hello,

nh128 wrote:For issue #2 I've been able to pinpoint the source of error

I believe you meant issue #1. I've now fixed it in the version here
Best Regards,

ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image ImagePlease read our Bug Fixing Policy
Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8401
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Girona, Catalonia


Return to Javascript / HTML5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests