help,how to install in delphi xe6

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
wangchb

help,how to install in delphi xe6

Post by wangchb » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:09 pm

my os is windows 7 x64,and the development tool is delphi xe6

and i buy the TeeChart Pro v2015 VCL / FMX

but i run teerecompile.exe

the error appears

how to install

thanks
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (179.02 KiB) Viewed 20609 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: help,how to install in delphi xe6

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:41 am

Hello,
wangchb wrote:and i buy the TeeChart Pro v2015 VCL / FMX
First of all note both your screenshots and your license seem to indicate you bought TeeChart Standard with SourceCode, not TeeChart Pro with SourceCode.
wangchb wrote:but i run teerecompile.exe

the error appears

how to install
I've installed TeeChart Standard with SourceCode and I've ran TeeRecompile against RAD Studio XE6 and it ended without errors:
2015-04-09_1041.png
2015-04-09_1041.png (62.03 KiB) Viewed 20532 times
Have you modified TeeConst.pas before running TeeRecompile?

Note SourceCode customers can access the binary installers too, and we use to recommend installing the binary version before the source code version because only the binary version includes the examples and documentation.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 am

Hello again,

I see you are using the Architect version of the IDE. This, and the OS version, are the only differences I see between our environments.
Note TeeChart always expects the IDE to be up to date. Have you checked it? Could you please specify what exact IDE version are you using?

If you still find problems with it, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll prepare a virtual machine simulating your exact environment to give it a try.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 am

Hello again,
Yeray wrote:Have you modified TeeConst.pas before running TeeRecompile?
Another possibility is that TeeConst may have been somehow corrupted in your machine.
To check that, you could install TeeChart Standard with Sources again and make a backup of the "Sources" folder before doing anything else.
Then, you will always be able to take the original version of the files if anyone gets corrupted by any cause.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Drinker

Post by Drinker » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:59 am

Hello,

I am trying to install Teechart 2015.15 in XE7 and having the same E2066, E2052 and E2280 errors:

VCLTee.TeeConst.pas(567) Error: E2066 Missing operator or semicolon
VCLTee.TeeConst.pas(567) Error: E2066 Missing operator or semicolon
VCLTee.TeeConst.pas(567) Error: E2052 Unterminated string
VCLTee.TeeConst.pas(985) Error: E2052 Unterminated string
VCLTee.TeeConst.pas(567) Fatal: E2280 Unterminated conditional directive

I am pretty sure that the TeeChart I purchase is the TeeChart Pro VCL, not the standard version. Moreover, I have repeatedly tried the installation procedure according to the installation guide so many times and still having the same problem. Would you please suggest me how to solve these errors in the installation? Thanks.

Below information are the descriptions of the software system that I am using:

The TeeChart version that I am trying to install is TeeChart Pro VCL.
The IDE I am using is Embarcadero C++Builder XE7.
The language I am programming with is English.
The OS I am running is Windows 7 64bit.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 am

Hello Drinker,

Did you make a backup of the sources folder as Yeray suggested? Please try installing again with a fresh sources folder copy.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Drinker

Post by Drinker » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:41 am

Hello Narcis,

I did make a backup in my D drive for the source folder, please see the attached picture.
A.jpg
my source backup
A.jpg (181.55 KiB) Viewed 20290 times
Must I put that backup in a specific location?
What else can be the reason that caused those failure and errors in my Teechart installation? :(

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:46 am

Hi Drinker,
Drinker wrote: Must I put that backup in a specific location?
You should replace the Sources folder in the TeeChart installation and which is being used by the TeeRecompile for the backed up folder and try running TeeRecompile again.
Drinker wrote: What else can be the reason that caused those failure and errors in my Teechart installation? :(
Such errors use to occur when TeeRecompile failed to finish its work successfully and can not restore the Unicode converted language and constant files to their original ANSI format.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Drinker

Post by Drinker » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:26 am

Hello Narcis,

I tried the installation again according to the notes you gave last Friday; however, the result is still the same. I think I had better show you the detailed procedures of my installation and hopefully you can check my installation procedures and tell me where went wrong and caused the installation failures.

Step1: There is no such a source folder in the Teechart CDROM at this phase(see pic1.)
teecdrom_1.jpg
pic1
teecdrom_1.jpg (182.63 KiB) Viewed 20231 times
Step2: I still copied the whole contents from the Teechart Pro CDROM I bought to make a backup in my D drive without the ‘Source’ folder you and Yeray mentioned (see pic2.)
teehdbackup_1.jpg
pic2
teehdbackup_1.jpg (197.19 KiB) Viewed 20227 times
Step3: I ran the TeeChartVCLSOURCE-2015.15 file in CDROM to start the installation (see pic3.)
teeinstfile_1.jpg
pic3
teeinstfile_1.jpg (188.09 KiB) Viewed 20219 times
It seems that I can upload only 3 pictures in a post, so I will continue my further steps in my next post.

Drinker

Post by Drinker » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:53 am

Hello Narcis,
I will continue my unfinished installation steps in this post:
Step4: After running the TeeChartVCLSOURCE-2015.15 file in CDROM, the Source folder was created/installed in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software subdirectory. This was the first Source folder I could use to make the backup you mentioned (see pic4.)
teesrcbkp1_1.jpg
pic4
teesrcbkp1_1.jpg (282.21 KiB) Viewed 20219 times
Step5: I copied the Source folder being created in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software by running the file TeeChartVCLSOURCE-2015.15 to my D drive as the backup before doing anything else just like what you and Yeray said (see pic5.)
teesrcbkp2_1.jpg
pic5
teesrcbkp2_1.jpg (198.77 KiB) Viewed 20214 times
Step6: Then I ran the TeeRecompile and got the fist same failure result.
Step7: Then I copied the fresh backuped Source folder from my D Drive to replace the Source folder being created/installed in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software.
Step8: Then I ran the TeeRecompile again and got he same failure result again (see pic6.)
teeresult2_1.jpg
pic6
teeresult2_1.jpg (277.46 KiB) Viewed 20654 times
Since I have done what you and Yeray asked and still got the same failed result, would you please help me to check my installation procedure thoroughly to see where went wrong and provide me a specific, detailed installation guidance, not just one or two short and vague sentences. Thanks.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:48 am

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed information.

First, I'm a bit confused because you mention RAD XE7 twice in a post earlier:
Drinker wrote:I am trying to install Teechart 2015.15 in XE7 and having the same E2066, E2052 and E2280 errors:
[...]
The IDE I am using is Embarcadero C++Builder XE7.
However, in one of the images you've posted now, TeeRecompile seems to be compiling the packages for RAD XE8:

So, the first question would be, are you running TeeRecompile against RAD XE7 or RAD XE8?

On the other hand, I see you are in a Chinese OS, is that right?

We'll do some tests here with the same OS and RAD Studio version you have.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Drinker

Post by Drinker » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:09 am

Hello Narcis,

Thank you for your time and attention for that you did read my E-mail thoroughly and carefully and even found that the IDE version is inconsistent in my previous descriptions.

Regarding the question whether we are using XE7 or XE8? We used XE7 in the beginning when we started trying to install Teechart Pro, but we decided to upgrade our IDE to XE8 to give it a try after we failed in the TeeChart Pro installation in XE7 again and again. Unfortunately, we still failed in the installation of Teechart Pro in XE8 after we have our IDE upgraded from XE7 to XE8.

Now that we have our IDE upgraded to XE8, we will keep using XE8 in the future. So if you want to replicate the problem that we have encountered in a virtual machine, please use XE8 to do the simulation. The language of the OS we are using is Traditional Chinese, and the country region is Taiwan.

If you need further information to run the simulation and find the cause of the problem, please just ask me to provide the information you need.

Thanks.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:25 am

Hello Drinker,

We've been able to reproduce the problem in a virtual machine with a Chinese Windows 8 and RAD XE8.
We are investigating where the problem is and we'll be back to you asap.
Note source code customers also have access to the binary installers, so in the meanwhile I'd suggest you to use the binary installer to start working with TeeChart.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Drinker

Post by Drinker » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:16 am

Hello, Yeray:

It's a relief for me to hear that you have reproduced the problem I encountered on XE8; I will be expecting the solution to this TeeChart Pro installation problem from you.

You mentioned that I should also have access to the binary installer.
I tried to find the binary installer on your website but couldn’t find it; could you please upload a screen shot to show me where on your website I can access the binary installer?

Could you please also estimate how long will it takes for Steema to find the cause of and the solution to the TeeChart Pro installation problem on XE8 with Chinese OS?

Thanks!

p.s. Sorry for that I was mistaken in my previous post in which I thought the person who wrote me was Narcis, but it was you actually.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:19 am

Hi Drinker,
Drinker wrote: You mentioned that I should also have access to the binary installer.
I tried to find the binary installer on your website but couldn’t find it; could you please upload a screen shot to show me where on your website I can access the binary installer?
Logging in the client area with a Source Code license gives you a list of downloads. It starts like this:
source_code.png
source_code.png (41.97 KiB) Viewed 20116 times
If you scroll down, there's a moment where the source code installers finish and there starts the list of Binary installers available:
binary.png
binary.png (21.6 KiB) Viewed 20114 times
Drinker wrote:Could you please also estimate how long will it takes for Steema to find the cause of and the solution to the TeeChart Pro installation problem on XE8 with Chinese OS?
I'm afraid I can't tell you when this will be fixed. We are installing some IDEs into a Chinese virtual machine to investigate where the problem comes from.
Drinker wrote:p.s. Sorry for that I was mistaken in my previous post in which I thought the person who wrote me was Narcis, but it was you actually.
Don't worry! :)
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software