Runtime Exception with 2017.22 and C++

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.

Runtime Exception with 2017.22 and C++

Postby RG Solutions » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 pm

I just installed C++ Tokyo Update 1. This is the first time I have used Tokyo as the base release had too many issues for me to migrate from Berlin. I have installed the latest 2017.22, updated my project files, and compiled all my DLLs and EXEs. When I run the EXE, I get the message "raised exception class EFilerError with message 'A class named TTeeFilter already exists'."

You should note that this EXE has many DLLs and two them have the TChart library linked (runtime) in them. I did not have any problems with the Berlin or Seattle releases. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still have the same problem.
RG Solutions

Re: Runtime Exception with 2017.22 and C++

Postby Sandra » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 am

Hello RG Solutions,

Could you attached for us the project you're try to migrate to Tokyo because we can reproduce the problem here?
Also, would be very grateful if you tell us which TeeChart version you used in Rad Studio Berlin and Seattle IDE's. Could you tell us, the version?

Many thanks for your collaboration
Best Regards,

Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum
Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RG Solutions » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:42 pm

I think you might have missed what I said in the original post, but I will clarify. It is not a single project I am migrating but a group of them. I have a project group that contains many projects. The main processing consists of 17 DLL projects along with the main EXE project. The EXE uses all 17 DLLs for its processing and these are loaded at program start. Of the 17 DLLs, 2 of them use and include the TeeChart processing. These DLLs link TeeChart processing as run time linkage. They cannot be linked statically as the DLLs will get similar initialization problems and cannot be run in that manner. If I had to guess, I suspect that the processing is trying to initialize the TeeChart processing a second time.

You also asked what TeeChart version I was using in Berlin. It is the same version of TeeChart (2012.22). However, as you know, the Tokyo processing is using the Delphi25 code and Berlin is using the Delphi24 code. Part of my conversion process is that I have to manually change the TeeChart versions in the project, so I know that Tokyo is using the 925 files and not the 924 like in Berlin.

Finally, you asked for me to send you the project. As I said, it is not just a single project. The entire source project group (all projects) consists of 32 projects containing almost 5,000 files and is 245 MB in size.

In order to approximate what I am doing, you will need to create a test with three projects in the project group. Two of the projects will be DLLs that link TeeChart runtime, and the third project is an EXE that calls each of the DLLs.
RG Solutions

Postby RG Solutions » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm

I thought about it and figured the quickest way to get this fixed is to provide you with a test case. I have created one for you. It has two DLLs and an EXE. The DLLs are very simple and use TeeChart. TeeChart is dynamically linked. When I run the exe, the exception occurs. If there is only one DLL, then there is no exception
Attachments
Steema Two DLLs.zip
(72.97 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
RG Solutions

Postby Sandra » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Hello RG Solutions,

Many thanks for your project. I can reproduce the problem you're experiencing using latest TeeChart Pro VCL/FMX v2017.22 in Rad Studio 10.1 Berlin update 2 and Rad Studio 10.2 Tokyo. Also, I have detected the problem is caused because you added two references to ChartGrid through "Worker.h" and "Worker2.h". I'm investigating because it is produced. We give you an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration,
Best Regards,

Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum
Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin