XP Pro, C Builder 6.0 Ent, TeeChart 7.01 Installation Errors

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
whit

XP Pro, C Builder 6.0 Ent, TeeChart 7.01 Installation Errors

Post by whit » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:02 pm

Windows XP Professional, Quick Reports 4 Professional, C++ Builder 6.0 Enterprise, and Tee Chart 7.01 Professional.

I tried to install manually, and after a few changes for QR4, finally compiled all the packages. Then inside Builder tried to install the 4 bpl files (DCLTee7C6.bpl, DCLTQR7C6.bpl, DCLTeePro7C6.bpl, DCLTGL7C6.bpl).

While trying to install DCLTeePro7C6.bpl I receive the following error:
"Cannot load package 'TeePro7C6'. It contains unit 'Teeurl, ' which is also contained in package 'DclTee7C6'

All other packages install fine, I just can't get the pro components to install.

I had removed all trace of the old Tee Chart and Quick Rep components prior to installing the new 7.01 version.

Any ideas, fixes?

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:53 pm

Hi.

It looks to me something went wrong when you changed and recompiled TQRChart component packages with Quick Report 4. My guess is you forgot to remove all old compiled TeeChart files before you recompiled from source code. Before you recompile from sources make sure you removed all old TeeChart compiled files (dcu, obj, lib, bpi, tds, ...). Also, it might be a good idea to use the TeeRecompile.exe tool to recompile your sources (after you deleted old compiled files).

BTW, if you changed the TQRChart packages part then it would be enough to simply compile two TQRChart component packages instead of compiling everything.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com