C++Builder, TeeChart 7.01 Unresolved External SetTitle

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
whit

C++Builder, TeeChart 7.01 Unresolved External SetTitle

Post by whit » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:15 pm

Using XP Pro, C++ Builder Ent, QR 4, and TeeChart 7.01 I get the following error when compiling a project that uses TCharts.

(Linker Error) Unresolved external '__fastcall Teengine::TChartSeries::SetTitle(System::AnsiString)' referenced from ...

Looking at your source code I see Title defined as a property in the TChartSeries Class, and the Setters and Getters defined in the TCustomChartSeries parent class, so I don't understand the error.

Any ideas/fixes?

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:04 am

Hi.
C++ Builder Ent, QR 4, and TeeChart 7.01 I get the following error when compiling a project that uses TCharts.
It looks to me BCB is somehow referencing wrong lib/obj TeeChart files (wrong version). I'm guessing here but it's very likely there was something wrong when you recompiled the TQRChart component files (recompiled both TQRChart component packages with TeeChart/Quick Report version you have). If this is the case then the only solution is to:

1) check if BCB library and include paths are set to correct TeeChart v7.01 CBuilder6\Lib and CBuilder6\Include path.

2) Again recompiled both TQRChart component packages. Before you do that, make sure all old TQRChart compiled files (lib, obj, bpi, dcu) files are removed/deleted.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com