TeeChart 7 setup error in Delphi 8 Update 2

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
snuffle

TeeChart 7 setup error in Delphi 8 Update 2

Post by snuffle » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:30 pm

Hello,

When I try to install the TeeChart 7 Pro VCL design package in Delphi 8 I get the error message "Steema.TeeChart.VCL.Design.dll is not a Delphi package/assembly". So i cannot use the form designer with TeeChart comonents.

How can I resolve the problem?

snuffle

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:48 pm

Hi.

Which TeeChart version are you trying to install ? Also, did you install binaries or did you try to install from source code ? Using the latest v7.01 sources and installer all packages (bpl!) were installed corectly. This can be seen by creating a new VCL form application - you'll notice all TeeChart components available in the component list. Also, you can verify this by going to "Component->Installed Net components" menu and then switch to "NET VCL Components" tab. You'll notice a "TeeChart PRO v7 for VCL.NET" entry indicating TeeChart was correctly installed.
However, if you try to add Teechart dlls to "NET Component" palette, you'll end up with error you described. You cannot add Teechart VCL.NET generated dlls to "Net Components". To do this, you'll have to install the TeeChart .NET product (developed with VS NET).
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

snuffle

Post by snuffle » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:34 am

Marjan wrote:Hi.

Which TeeChart version are you trying to install ? Also, did you install binaries or did you try to install from source code ? Using the latest v7.01 sources and installer all packages (bpl!) were installed corectly. This can be seen by creating a new VCL form application - you'll notice all TeeChart components available in the component list. Also, you can verify this by going to "Component->Installed Net components" menu and then switch to "NET VCL Components" tab. You'll notice a "TeeChart PRO v7 for VCL.NET" entry indicating TeeChart was correctly installed.
However, if you try to add Teechart dlls to "NET Component" palette, you'll end up with error you described. You cannot add Teechart VCL.NET generated dlls to "Net Components". To do this, you'll have to install the TeeChart .NET product (developed with VS NET).
Hi Marjan,

I have installed the binary and later the 7.01 sources and get an error already during Delphi 8 startup:
"Failed to load ...\Delphi8\Assemblies\Steema.TeeChart.VCL.Design.dll. ...\Delphi8\Assemblies\Steema.TeeChart.VCL.Design.dll is not a Delphi package-assembly.".
After closing this window the TeeChart design package is not visible in the "NET Component" palette.

What could be the reason?

BTW, bpl packages were not installed for Delphi 8. Did I miss something?

Thomas

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:08 pm

Hi Thomas,

have you done the following steps ? :
- Install all the Delphi8 patches.
- Download the TeeChart Pro sources
- Run the installer of TeeChart pro v7 with sources
- Go to C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 Full Source Code
- Run the TeeRecompile tool
- Uncheck all the Delphi/bcb version, but not the Delphi 8, uncheck the recreate all XFM and "recompile Decision cube packages" options.
- Click begin (if you get an error about the GacUttil, skip it and close the TeeRecompile tool).
- It has created the following folder which contains the dlls. (C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Delphi8)
- Then open Delphi8 and go to menu -> components -> install NET Components
- Go to NET VCL Components tab
- click Add buton and browse at C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Delphi8\Assemblies
- and add the Steema.TeeChart.VCL.Design.dll
-This will add the TeeChart palette.

snuffle

Re: TeeChart 7 setup error in Delphi 8 Update 2

Post by snuffle » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:13 pm

Hi Pep,

I did what you described. The difference was that I have the system on drive d:
Now it worked!

Thanks a lot.

Thomas