Insalling for XE2: Various errors

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
TestAlways
Advanced

Insalling for XE2: Various errors

Post by TestAlways » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Win 7 64bit
I tried to compile the TeeChart source for XE2 and go the following exception in the (2011.01 120110) "Recompiliation Tool" (though it hasn't been compiled yet ;-) ).

Code: Select all

TeeMaker111.dpk(91) Warning: W1033 Unit 'TeeTarga' implicitly imported into package 'TeeMaker111'
83160 lines, 0.61 seconds, 618880 bytes code, 28012 bytes data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DclTeeMaker111
CodeGear Delphi for Win32 compiler version 18.5
Copyright (c) 1983,2007 CodeGear
705 lines, 0.25 seconds, 11656 bytes code, 84 bytes data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TeeChart Installation
  VERSION:  2011
RAD 2007.Win32 v11 (BDS v5 Enterprise)
EXCEPTION:
[b]Cannot delete registry value: $(BDS)\bin\dcltee7100.bpl
 Error Code: 5 Description: Access is denied[/b]
--------------------------------------------
EXCEPTION:
Operation aborted
--------------------------------------------
So I uninstalled the full source and installed the XE2 library. Then for the following lines of code (aChart is a TChart):

procedure AssignChartToGraphic(aChart: TChart; const aRect: TRect; aGraphic: TGraphic);
var
  lHoldBevel: TPanelBevel;
begin
  lHoldBevel := aChart.BevelOuter;
I get the following exception:

[b][DCC Error] GeneralFunctions.pas(1505): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TBevelCut' and 'TPanelBevel'[/b]
I tried changing the lHoldBevel to a TBevelCut but the same exception occurs.

I'd like to move with XE2, but this is painful.

How do I get the later item without source to compile?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Insalling for XE2: Various errors

Post by Yeray » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:31 am

Hi Ed,
TestAlways wrote:I tried to compile the TeeChart source for XE2 and go the following exception in the (2011.01 120110) "Recompiliation Tool"
Note the first TeeChart VCL version supporting RAD XE2 was v2011.04. Many changes were applied between v2011.03 and v2011.04 exclusively to support XE2, so I guess making v2011.01 work with XE2 won't be simple.
TestAlways wrote:

RAD 2007.Win32 v11 (BDS v5 Enterprise)
I'm a little bit confused. Weren't you trying to compile TeeChart XE2. Here it seems to be trying to compile pakcages for RAD Studio 2007.
TestAlways wrote:

EXCEPTION:
[b]Cannot delete registry value: $(BDS)\bin\dcltee7100.bpl
Error Code: 5 Description: Access is denied[/b]
Did you run TeeRecompile with high privileges? It looks like a lack of permissions to do the job.
Furthermore, dcltee7100 would indicate TeeChart v7 (7100) for Delphi 2007 (7100), the Standard version that comes with the IDE (7100). So again, it seems to be a TeeChart for RAD 2007 compilation, not for XE2. If the list of IDEs looks correct and you selected XE2 in TeeRecompile, it may be just that TeeRecompile wasn't still adapted to XE2. You could try with a newer TeeRecompile version from the actual sources if you still want to install v2011.01 into XE2 but I strongly recommend you to use v2011.04.
TestAlways wrote:So I uninstalled the full source and installed the XE2 library
Do you mean you restored the TeeChart Standard version that came with the XE2 IDE?
TestAlways wrote:Then for the following lines of code (aChart is a TChart):
And you got problems with The Standard version that came with the IDE? I think I haven't understood something correctly.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

TestAlways
Advanced

Post by TestAlways » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:57 pm

I went back to the version with source.

I used the latest TeeRecompile that was posted in a different thread.

I now have the exception:

Cannot copy file: F:\Delphi Comps\TeeChart Pro 2011 Full Source Code\Sources\FMXTee.Editor.Tools.ChartImage.pas to F:\Delphi Comps\TeeChart Pro 2011 Full Source Code\Sources\FMX\FMXTee.Editor.Tools.ChartImage.pas

Error Code: 2 Description: The system cannot find the file specified

I checked the source directory and *ChartImage is not there. Here is a screen shot of the directory sorted by file names:

Any ideas? (I am trying to work with the Nov 2011 release of TChart Pro)

TestAlways
Advanced

Post by TestAlways » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:14 pm

FTR, I still haven't got the source code to compile--I could revisit it. I returned to the binary install, and It looks like the Steema installer added the iOS path to the main path. This caused following exception:

[DCC Error] GeneralFunctions.pas(1505): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TBevelCut' and 'TPanelBevel'

I took it out of the path and it is now working fine.

Any ideas on the source install (previous post).

Ed Dressel

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Ed,
TestAlways wrote:I went back to the version with source.

I used the latest TeeRecompile that was posted in a different thread.
The changes in v2011.04 to support XE2 aren't only in TeeRecompile. I'm not sure about what combination are you using here but TeeChart v2011.04 source code version compiles and installs fine for me here in XE2.
TestAlways wrote:Cannot copy file: F:\Delphi Comps\TeeChart Pro 2011 Full Source Code\Sources\FMXTee.Editor.Tools.ChartImage.pas to F:\Delphi Comps\TeeChart Pro 2011 Full Source Code\Sources\FMX\FMXTee.Editor.Tools.ChartImage.pas

Error Code: 2 Description: The system cannot find the file specified

I checked the source directory and *ChartImage is not there. Here is a screen shot of the directory sorted by file names:
I see in my v2011.04 sources folder the same than in your picture.
TestAlways wrote:Any ideas? (I am trying to work with the Nov 2011 release of TChart Pro)
So that should be v2011.04, not 2011.01 as you mention in your first post. I'm getting even more confused :-S
TestAlways wrote:FTR, I still haven't got the source code to compile--I could revisit it. I returned to the binary install, and It looks like the Steema installer added the iOS path to the main path. This caused following exception:

[DCC Error] GeneralFunctions.pas(1505): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TBevelCut' and 'TPanelBevel'
I can't find any reference to "GeneralFunctions" in v2011.04 sources (neither in v2011.03).

Could you please make sure you are using the v2011.04?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

TestAlways
Advanced

Post by TestAlways » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:16 pm

"GeneralFunctions.pas" is my unit. The problem was that the installer added 2 paths to the IDE: once for the VCL and a second one for the iOS. Because the BevelOuter setting was in the iOS, an exception occurred. Removing this, and the FMXTee (or FMX--I can't remember) fixed the compiler.