Installing TeeChart 7 for QuickReports (V404) into Builder 6

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Steve

Installing TeeChart 7 for QuickReports (V404) into Builder 6

Post by Steve » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:00 pm

All the instructions I've been able to find tell how to install this into Delphi. Those instructions do not work in Builder 6. Can I get the actual steps on how to install TeeChart version 7 with QuickReports version 4.

I would prefer steps for Builder 6 that are known to work. NOT steps for Delphi that might work. I have tried the Delphi steps every which way and they do not work in Builder 6.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:24 am

Hi Steve,

which error are you getting ? or which is the problem ?

Steve

Installing QuickReports Version 4 with TeeChart Pro Version

Post by Steve » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:15 pm

I am trying to install QuickReports Version 4 with TeeChart Pro Version 7 on Borland Builder 6

Quick Reports installs and works fine.

TChart Pro 7 installs and works fine.

However when I attempt to Add the package TeeChart for QuickReport Components (Which I found in the TeeChart7 directory.

I get the following error: Cannot find package qrpt60

When I recompile the TeeChart for QuickReports and install it I get a new error.

Cannot load package QR4RunC6, It contains unit Qr4const which is also contained in package TeeQR7C6

OR

Cannot load package TeeQR7C6, It contains unit Qr4const which is also contained in package QR4RunC6

Depending on which order I try and add

TeeChart 7 for QuickReport

and

QuickReport 4 Components

I know your response will be that here may be an old component in my search path. I have deleted everything I could find.

Thats why I'd like to see steps for QuickReports Version 4 with TeeChart Pro Version 7 on Borland Builder 6

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:09 pm

IF I started with a BRAND NEW Borland Builder 6 installation.

THEN Installed Quick Reports Version 4

THEN Installed TeeChart Version 7

THEN Installed TeeChart for QuickReports.

WHAT WOULD BE THE EXACT STEPS I SHOULD FOLLOW FOR A SUCCESSFUL INSTALL :?:

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:11 pm

Hi Steve,

The correct installing order is:

1) Remove the Standard Teechart Packages
2) Install Quick Report
3) Install TeeChart v7 PRO
4) Remove all TQRChart component files from *all* (this is critical, ALL) BCB6 "Search" path directories. This includes (in 99% of the cases) BCB6\Lib , BCB6\Projects\ and TeeChart v7 \BCB6\Lib directories. How does he knows which files are "TQrChart component files" ? Well, quite easy. First, go to TeeChart v7 \BCB6\QuickReport\ directory and make a list of all files. Then search all BCB 6 "Search Path" directories for any of these files and remove them.
5) Install TQRChart component packages. This can be done ONLY when all old TQRChart component files were removed.
Following these steps you should be able to use Quick Report and TeeChart Pro v7. Also don't forget to do the additional steps for QR v4.