Extracting the image of a 3d serie

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Petro

Extracting the image of a 3d serie

Post by Petro » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:42 pm

Hello,

Is it possible to copy to a bitmap/clipboard the exact image of one or more 3d series (and nothing but the series)?

The result should be a bitmap containing only the series as the appear on the main chart, without the walls,tick marks etc behind them.

Maybe I should go to the source code....

Patrick

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:17 am

Hi, Petro.

Yes, sure, it can be done. The idea is to create a temporary chart, set it up the way you like (hide walls, titile, etc..), then copy all series from your original chart to this chart and then export temporay chart to bitmap. You can also use a different approach and use custom chart template (check the templates examples in TeeChart demo) and then apply this template to chart before exporting to bitmap.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Petro

Post by Petro » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:26 am

Hi Marjan,

Well that's what I started to do, however to be able to export just the image of the series, you have to turn off all the patern ,tick etc... of this duplicate chart.

I was looking for a more direct (elegant) way to extract the image of the series but it's OK, I'll go with the first solution.

Thanks, and have a good day.

Patrick