Pie slice explode Problem on TeeChart v7.01

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
mLapido

Pie slice explode Problem on TeeChart v7.01

Post by mLapido » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:34 pm

Hi,

I have recently installed TeeChart v7.01 and the pie slice explode presented a problem. Now when I set a explosion value to any slice ALL slices will be exploded to diferent values.

Regards,
Milton Lapido

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:49 pm

Hi Milton,

could you please post the code you're using with which I can reproduce the problem "as is" here ?

mLapido

Post by mLapido » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:11 pm

Hi, there!

I have just posted the demo application on the steema.public.attachments. When running the app you simply have to click on any of the pies slices. The is meant for the clicked slice to explode, instead every slice to the left of the clicked slice are exploded. This same code works fine on 7.0 version of TChart.

This Demo also presents the problems in three other posts of mine to wich I haven't had any answers yet.

They are:
- TMarksTipTool problems when 3D is enabled
- 3D chart sometimes doesn't fit in view.
- Pie chart problems

Best regards,
Milton Lapido

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:01 pm

Hi Milton,

I've been testing your demo and the results :

- TMarksTipTool problems when 3D is enabled
You're correct, this does not work fine in this case. Using the Rotate tool works better but it's not perfect. This tool is not prepared to use it in conjunction with rotation. I've added this on our wish/defect list so it can be achieved in further releases.

- 3D chart sometimes doesn't fit in view.
One way to solve this can be changing the Chart margins.

- Pie chart problems
I've been able to reproduce the problem here, seems like we've changed something in the v7.01 that makes this problem happens. I also have added it on our defect list to be reviewed.

Thanks for all the advises.