Latest version for XE5 gives error on TeeMaker module

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Softcopy

Latest version for XE5 gives error on TeeMaker module

Post by Softcopy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:02 am

I have downloaded the latest build ("Build 2013.09.131119") with full source and installed it. I previously had TeeChart2013_130911_Beta installed so I had to uninstall it first. I then ran the "TeeRecompile.exe" and installed everything. (The "IOS Device v19 Enterprise.."" gave me an error of out of memory)

When I tried to start up XE5 Studio I get the following error "Can't load package ....DclTeeMaker119.bpl. A class names TTextBlock already exist. Do you want to attempt to load ....."

Do I need to remove something or rebuild something?
Attachments
TTextBlock.png
TTextBlock.png (23.38 KiB) Viewed 10756 times

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Latest version for XE5 gives error on TeeMaker module

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Softcopy,

This means another 3rd party component has a class called TTextBlock. Could it be Miranda plugins? We are interested to know which component is conflicting just in case there's some option to modify it. In the meantime, you should either disable that component or keep TeeMaker componets disabled. They are not essential for TeeChart core functionality, only necessary for the TChart3D component.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Softcopy

Post by Softcopy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:22 am

I've identified the third party component that has it. It is TMS Software's Diagram Studio.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:50 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. We will investigate if there's anything we can do to avoid this error. For now, the only option available is either disabling TeeMaker or TMS components. TeeMaker is not an essential component in TeeChart and only used for TChart3D component. So, if you don't have this specific need you can safely disable it.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

mulhams

Post by mulhams » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:09 am

I recently bought a license to TeeChart components but I'm having the same issue using the latest Delphi Tokyo 10.2. disabling TeeMaker is not an option because I'm intending to use TChart3D in my project which already uses dclTMSDiagram250.bpl and dclTMSWorkflow250.bpl packages. I'm shocked to see that this issue has been there since 2013!! has it been solved?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:26 am

Hello,
mulhams wrote:I recently bought a license to TeeChart components but I'm having the same issue using the latest Delphi Tokyo 10.2. disabling TeeMaker is not an option because I'm intending to use TChart3D in my project which already uses dclTMSDiagram250.bpl and dclTMSWorkflow250.bpl packages. I'm shocked to see that this issue has been there since 2013!! has it been solved?
This problem was recently solved here so the next maintenance release should include this fix.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy