Error reading TColorLineTool.AxisID

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Byron

Error reading TColorLineTool.AxisID

Post by Byron » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:23 pm

I have a project that uses a TDBChart. This works fine in the prior version, but in the current version I get an error when the form is created. The error, "Error reading TColorLineTool.AxisID", displays while the form is being created. I have attached a test project for your review. I've tried recreating the ColorLineTool and ColorBandTool, and I've tried assigning the Axis property programmatically, but none of these measures works.

Current TeeChart Version: TeeChart Pro v2014.10.140220 32bit VCL
IDE: Delphi XE5, Windows 7 64-bit

Prior TeeChart Version: TeeChart Pro v2012.07.121105 32bit VCL
IDE: Delphi XE, Windows 7 64-bit
Attachments
TestChartProject.zip
Test project
(11.16 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error reading TColorLineTool.AxisID

Post by Yeray » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:34 pm

Hello,

That's strange, I could load, see the form and even run the project you attached without problems in RAD Studio XE5 with TeeChart Pro v2014.14.
I'd suggest you to reinstall TeeChart; you could try just running TeeInstall.exe twice (one to uninstall and the second to reinstall) from the TeeChart installation folder.

I could also load the project in Delphi 7 also with TeeChart v2014.10. And I've seen the AxisID property has been defined since TeeChart v7 (and probably even before) for TTeeCustomToolAxis. So I don't think it should cause any compatibility issue.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Byron

Post by Byron » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:41 pm

You were right. Something went wrong in my initial installation. In my case, I ran "TeeChart2014SourceCode.exe" and then ran "TeeRecompile.exe" (located in the Program Files folder). That solved my problem.
Thanks.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:14 am

Hello,
Byron wrote:You were right. Something went wrong in my initial installation. In my case, I ran "TeeChart2014SourceCode.exe" and then ran "TeeRecompile.exe" (located in the Program Files folder). That solved my problem.
Thanks.
You are welcome. I'm glad to hear you found how to make it work.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy