Automatic Axis Increment

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Errol

Automatic Axis Increment

Post by Errol » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:18 am

I have just noticed that the increments on my chart axes are now not showing sensible values. Formerly, I could set an axis increment to say 0.01, and the axis labels would automatically adjust to 55,60,65 etc when the axis range was large, and 91.41, 91.42 etc when I zoom in. See attachments. This was a very nice feature.

Now, if I set the increment to 0.01, I get decimals shown at every axis label. This is very unsatisfactory. I have relatively recently installed TeeChart 9 but I do not know if this is the cause of the problem. As far as I can see, there does not seem to be any code controlling the axis labels. How can I return the behaviour to how it was before?
AxisIncrements_LargeRange.png
AxisIncrements_LargeRange.png (21.11 KiB) Viewed 5281 times
AxisIncrements_SmallRange.png
AxisIncrements_SmallRange.png (13.44 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
AxisIncrements_LargeRange_TeeChart9.png
AxisIncrements_LargeRange_TeeChart9.png (32.85 KiB) Viewed 5270 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Axis Increment

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello,

I've made a simple example project to test what you reported.
testAxisIncr.zip
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
I see TeeChart v2013.08 draws different labels than the actual version when the increment is really smaller than the axis range.
I'll open a ticket to further investigate it.
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=698
Feel free to add your mail to the CC list to be automatically notified when an update arrives.

In the meanwhile, you can always set an increment or another one depending on the axis range.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Errol

Post by Errol » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Good morning Yeray

Thank you for your response. Any idea when this error will be resolved? I am reluctant to issue a new release of my software without this very useful feature of auto-axis redraw with sensible increments on zoom. Having to continually reset increments at different zoom levels is somewhat frustrating.

Best regards

Errol

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:53 am

Hi Errol,
Errol wrote:Thank you for your response. Any idea when this error will be resolved? I am reluctant to issue a new release of my software without this very useful feature of auto-axis redraw with sensible increments on zoom. Having to continually reset increments at different zoom levels is somewhat frustrating.
I'm afraid I can't tell you when this will be fixed. I suggest you to subscribe to the ticket to be automatically notified when its status changes.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy