Origin in a Stacked Bar Chart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Errol

Origin in a Stacked Bar Chart

Post by Errol » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:41 am

Good morning Yeray

I am pleased to report that I have solved nearly all of my bar chart issues. I am using the self-stack option with a single series for each bar chart. I have implemented custom brushes and the can left-justify the legend text using
Chart.Legend.TextStyle := ltsPlain;

What I would now like to do is start a negative bar chart at a value greater than than zero - in other words a positive offset. I tried adding a new record to the data series with a positive value of 292, hoping the bar chart would first draw a positive bar and then start the negative bars from that point, effectively over-writing the positive bar (which would normally not show - I have coloured it white in the diagram for clarity). However, this does not happen, the negative bars start at zero (see attached diagram).

Is there an offset command that will enable the chart to start at a non-zero value?

Best regards

Errol
Lithology_Chart.png
Lithology_Chart.png (26.61 KiB) Viewed 3395 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Origin in a Stacked Bar Chart

Post by Yeray » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 am

Hi Errol,

I've split this from here because it looks to me as a quite different issue.
I've also observed you opened a ticked in the tracker here, asking to make the UseOrigin&YOrigin to work fine with mbSelfStacked style:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=726
I've confirmed the ticket.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy