debug packages compile option

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
például

debug packages compile option

Post by például » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi Yeray et al,
I am compiling a Delphi project in Delphi XE4 release mode and using TeeChart Pro components (not using runtime packages, though I'm not sure if it's relevant to this question). Since I'm trying to produce the smallest .exe possible, I'm experimenting with different settings in the TeeChart installer (Recompile.exe).

My paths under Tools > Options > Library look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 2014 Full Source Code\Sources\Compiled\Delphi18.win32\Lib
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 2014 Full Source Code\TeeTree\Compiled\Delphi18.win32\Lib
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro 2013 Full Source Code\TeeTree\Compiled\Delphi18.win32\Lib

Interestingly, when I use the check box "debug packages compile option" in the installer or when I don't use it the file size of my executable stays the same. I didn't think that I was recompiling any TeeChart components when I compile my project because I only link to the compiled files in the IDE. Why is the size of my executable the same whether or not I recompile TeeChart with debug packages compile option?

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: debug packages compile option

Post by Yeray » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:21 am

Hello Stephanie,

Selecting the "Debug packages compilation" checkbox compiles the TeeChart packages with Debug Information. As they say:
Debug information increases the size of unit file and takes up additional memory when compiling programs that use the unit, but it does not affect the size or speed of the executable program.