XE5 Installation issue

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XE5 Installation issue

Post by Yeray » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Hello,

TeeChart installers in general work well. However, this doesn't mean they can't be improved; actually, we are constantly improving them fixing all the bugs we can identify.
I'm not sure about what installer does DevExpress use. We use Install Builder and of course we are open to any suggestion.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

GTI

Post by GTI » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi,

The same problem here.

I read in this topic that after ISAL did the update Teechar works! So I update my DevExpress version like ISAL from 2013.2.2 to 2014.1.4 and the problem was solved.

Is totally necessary do this upadate? our system is very large and we use TESTCOMPLETE Software to make tests cases. Before update DevExpress versions our QA department verifies if the components of DevExpress can be read correctly by testcomplete, so honestly we prefer not update DevExpress only to install Teechart! Is there other solution?

Regards.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:08 am

Hi,
GTI wrote:I read in this topic that after ISAL did the update Teechar works! So I update my DevExpress version like ISAL from 2013.2.2 to 2014.1.4 and the problem was solved.

Is totally necessary do this upadate? our system is very large and we use TESTCOMPLETE Software to make tests cases. Before update DevExpress versions our QA department verifies if the components of DevExpress can be read correctly by testcomplete, so honestly we prefer not update DevExpress only to install Teechart! Is there other solution?
What seems to be happening here is that DevExpress components probably include some component referencing TeeChart. That's why, if you need to use TeeChart and DevExpress together, you need a version of DevExpress referencing the TeeChart version you have installed.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy