XE6 Error loading components

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
LanceRas

XE6 Error loading components

Post by LanceRas » Tue May 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Fresh XE6 Install with a few components already installed.
Downloaded yesterdays release of the precompiled XE6 version of TeeChart Standard 2014.
Ran install and said YES/OK to every prompt that questioned backing up files that the installer thought would be incompatible.
After install, I receive a "Cannot load package 'Tee920'. It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst', which is also contained in package 'Tee9200'.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: XE6 Error loading components

Post by Yeray » Wed May 14, 2014 9:07 am

Hello,

The error message "Cannot load package Tee9XX. It contains unit *, which is also contained in package Tee9XX0" indicates that the TeeChart package that was shipped with the IDE (Tee9XX0) is still trying to be loaded, and this creates a conflict with the version you've just installed.

Note XX above refers to the IDE number. For XE6 it's 20, XE5 was 19, XE4 was 18,...

In your case, please, unselect the TeeChart Standard package shipped with the IDE (Tee9200), and you should be able to safely select the TeeChart Pro/Std commercial package (Tee920).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

LanceRas

Post by LanceRas » Wed May 14, 2014 8:05 pm

It looks like the issue was that I had DevExpress Printing that pointed to the Embarcadero version. So uninstalled the DevExpress Teechart pieces and that took care of it.

Thank you.

LanceRas

Post by LanceRas » Wed May 14, 2014 8:41 pm

I seem to be running into same issue with FastReports 5.0 on XE6. Will have to check with them. I used their recompile tool and pointed to the Full version of the Standard DCU's, yet still get a conflict regarding 9200 instead of 920.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu May 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi,
LanceRas wrote:I seem to be running into same issue with FastReports 5.0 on XE6. Will have to check with them. I used their recompile tool and pointed to the Full version of the Standard DCU's, yet still get a conflict regarding 9200 instead of 920.
If you want to use a package that integrates TeeChart into one of its packages, you may have to rebuild the package integrating TeeChart in a similar way than in the QuickReport article here.
Steema supports the integration of TeeChart into QuickReport and Intraweb components. For the integration in other 3rd party components, please contact the 3rd party manufacturer.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

philipljackson

Post by philipljackson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi - for information

I had exactly the same problem as described here. I had installed Dev Express components before the Tee Chart Code, so I used the Dev Express Installation program to re compile Dev Express components and the issue was resolved.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Regards

Philip L Jackson