Error compiling with v2014

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
johnnix

Error compiling with v2014

Post by johnnix » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:50 am

Hello,

I am trying to set up a simple project to present an issue I am facing and I get an error when trying to compile (I create a new VCL application, drop a TChart and compile):

[dcc32 Fatal Error] VCLTee.TeeProcs.pas(105): F1026 File not found: 'C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\TeCanvas.dcu'

I am guessing that I am doing something wrong as the project I am working compiles fine :) What am I missing here?

Regards

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error compiling with v2014

Post by Yeray » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:35 am

Hello,

The VCLTee prefix may be missing in the project unit scope names.
I's also check the library path in the IDE.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

johnnix

Post by johnnix » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Hello Yeray,

I am a little bit lost, in my library path there is one entry: C:\........\Components\TeeChart Pro 2014 Full Source Code\Sources\VCL, anything else I should check? I am pretty sure I sent you some test projects before so I cannot understand what is wrong now and they want compile.

Regards

jens.mertelmeyer

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Your library path is most likely wrong. Just set it to where your TeCanvas.dcu is.

I just installed TeeChart Pro (with Sources) to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Source 2014.11.140512 XE5\

Therefore, my library path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Source 2014.11.140512 XE5\Sources\Compiled\Delphi19.win32\Lib
because I didn't change anything where to put the compiled files. Hence they ended up in .\Compiled\Delphi19.win32\Lib

Delphi19 stands for Delphi XE5, Delphi20 for XE6 and so on...

johnnix

Post by johnnix » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, I changed my Lib path and it works ok. Now, if I make any changes to the sources will they reflect to my application?

Regards

jens.mertelmeyer

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:58 pm

No. Your library path points to a folder of DCUs. DCUs (I guess they stand for Delphi Compiled Unit?) were already compiled once when you ran TeeInstall.exe.

If you want to make changes to the TeeChart sources I guess the "normal" way is to modify the sources and then run TeeInstall.exe again so the DCUs are updated.

I never tried, but I guess it should also be possible to also include (or just) include the folder with the TeeChart source files to your "search path". You might also have to set your "DCU Output path" since Delphi will probably fail writing DCUs to c:\program files\.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:59 am

Hello everyone.
jens.mertelmeyer wrote: I never tried, but I guess it should also be possible to also include (or just) include the folder with the TeeChart source files to your "search path".
Exactly, placing the sources folder above other TeeChart related paths would allow you modify the sources and use them directly. This would also allow you debugging them.
jens.mertelmeyer wrote: You might also have to set your "DCU Output path" since Delphi will probably fail writing DCUs to c:\program files\.
No, I don't think there should be any problem with that.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

jens.mertelmeyer

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:59 am

TeeChart default install path is %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steema Software\[xxx]
As long as you don't dare to forcefully run your IDE with administrator privileges, you may not modify files placed in %ProgramFiles(x86)%.

If you installed TeeChart somewhere else then it might work.

johnnix

Post by johnnix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Thank you all for your answers, I added the TeeChart Sources path just above the Lib path and when I try to compile I get the following error:

[dcc32 Error] TeCanvas.pas(5785): E2010 Incompatible types: 'VCLTee.TeCanvas.TTeeCanvas' and 'TeCanvas.TTeeCanvas'

Any clues?

Regards

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:30 am

Hello,
johnnix wrote:Thank you all for your answers, I added the TeeChart Sources path just above the Lib path and when I try to compile I get the following error:

[dcc32 Error] TeCanvas.pas(5785): E2010 Incompatible types: 'VCLTee.TeCanvas.TTeeCanvas' and 'TeCanvas.TTeeCanvas'

Any clues?
In old IDEs, putting the Sources path above in the list is enough so the correct pas and dfm are all there.
However, in the new IDEs, where the units must have prefixes, running TeeRecompile is the easiest way to auto-generate the units with prefixes (see Sources\VCL and Sources\FMX paths). So, running TeeRecompile to generate the prefixed units, you are already generating the dcu too.

Then, if you are modifying TeeChart sources at the Sources path and you are running TeeRecompile after each modification, then it should be the same putting the Sources\VCL path above or \Sources\Compiled\DelphiXX.win32\Lib.
But if you are modifying TeeChart sources directly at the Sources\VCL path, then (a) note TeeRecompile will override your changes if you run it, (b) putting Sources\VCL path above is essential if you want to use your changes without running TeeRecompile and (c) you'll have to move your modifications to the files at Sources to run TeeRecompile with your changes.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy