Problem compiling program using TeeMap

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
BruceEglington

Problem compiling program using TeeMap

Post by BruceEglington » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 am

Good day
I have just upgraded from Delphi XE2 with TeeChart 2012 and using Intraweb 12 to Delphi XE6 with TeeChart 2014 (full source code and using latest release from May 2014), and using Intraweb 14. I have a program which uses TeeMap and get errors when trying to compile. The errors are:
[dcc32 Error] TeeSurfa.pas(3291): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TCustomAxisPanel' and 'TCustomChart'
[dcc32 Error] TeeSurfa.pas(9214): E2250 There is no overloaded version of 'RegisterTeeSeries' that can be called with these arguments

I have other units and programs that use normal TeeCharts (not the map series) and these compile fine. It is just the map version which has TeeSurfa in its "uses" statement that has the problem.

I have tried recompiling the Steema software (with TeeRecompile) and have added the Win32 Lib path for Steema software to my search path.

Please could somebody provide suggestions for what to do to correct this.

Thanks
Bruce

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem compiling program using TeeMap

Post by Yeray » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am

Hi Bruce,

Can you reproduce the problem without Intraweb or only with it?
Could you please arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

BruceEglington

Post by BruceEglington » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi
practically all my programming these days is done with Intraweb because the programs need to be run by multiple international scientific collaborators. As a result I have not had an opportunity to see whether Intraweb may be a contributing factor although I would presume not from the errors. Give me a bit of time to produce a standalone test example and I will get back to you.

Thanks
Bruce

BruceEglington

Post by BruceEglington » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:34 am

Hi
I have now created two separate simplified programs to test things. One is a VCL application with all Intraweb components removed or replaced by normal VCL ones and the other is a new Intraweb standalone webserver application which only has a main form plus a simplified version of the form that uses TeeChart together with TIWChart but without any other non charting components. Both of these compile jus fine so I am now thoroughly confused.

Any suggestions for other things I might check on? Are any units supposed to be listed in the Uses statement before others?

Bruce

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Bruce,
BruceEglington wrote:Any suggestions for other things I might check on?
I'd take the application that is giving errors and I'd remove components one by one to try to identify which one makes the difference and makes the app to compile.
Then, I'd put the "conflictive" component again and I'd try to identify what property on the that component could be causing the problem, and I'd try to remove all the other "safe" components, so you should end with a simple application reproducing the problem.
BruceEglington wrote:Are any units supposed to be listed in the Uses statement before others?
No that I know.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

BruceEglington

Post by BruceEglington » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Thanks Yeray

I also thought that this long approach might be the only way to find the problem so have already started. I am guessing that there must be some kind of conflicting statement/unit or somehow a link to an older compiled unit.

Your quick responses are much appreciated.

Bruce