Chart Editor Component Not Installed

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
GTI

Chart Editor Component Not Installed

Post by GTI » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi,

My enviromen is the next:
-SO:Windows7 64 bits
-IDE: Delphi XE5 Enterprise
-Third Party Components: DEVEXPRESS VCL 2014.1.4, QUICKREPORT 506 and QRDESIGN

The TeeChart packages in my list are: DclTee919.bpl, DclTree2D19Tee.bpl, DclTee9QR5D19.bpl and DclFMXTeePro919.bpl

Is there other package that I should have installed to use TChartEditor? Because it isn't it in my pallet. I used the TeeChart2014RADXE5 installer and recompiled the packages following the GENERIC STEPS TO INSTALL TQRCHART COMPONENT.pdf!

Regards,

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chart Editor Component Not Installed

Post by Yeray » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:46 am

Hello,
GTI wrote:The TeeChart packages in my list are: DclTee919.bpl, DclTree2D19Tee.bpl, DclTee9QR5D19.bpl and DclFMXTeePro919.bpl

Is there other package that I should have installed to use TChartEditor? Because it isn't it in my pallet. I used the TeeChart2014RADXE5 installer and recompiled the packages following the GENERIC STEPS TO INSTALL TQRCHART COMPONENT.pdf!
Is the pdf this one?
Because in these instructions, the first section ends with:
At this point you should have a “clean environment” where TeeChart and QuickReport work by separate.
Was TeeChart working (and present in the palette) before recompiling TQRChart components?

Note there's the possibility that TChart component wasn't moved to the "TeeChart" section in the palette, staying in the "Additional" section, where it was the TeeChart Standard shipped with the IDE. So, worth to use the search textbox in the palette to try to find "TChart" component.

I see you have TeeChart sources. Note we use to recommend installing the binary version (TeeChart2014RADXE5, as you did) prior to installing the source code version to get the documentation and examples, only shipped with the binary version. Assuming you are interested on using the TeeChart sources, I'd suggest you to install it and follow the instructions above to get TQRChart working with it.

Finally, I see you mention DclTee919.bpl is in your list of packages. This is TeeChart Standard version. DclTeePro919.bpl is the package for TeeChart Pro VCL. But, having DclTee919.bpl in the list should also end in a TChart component in the palette.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

GTI

Post by GTI » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi,

Yes I follow the pdf from the link. And yes I did the next test :"create a new application, drop a TChart component on the form and run it". I was successfull because I have installed TChart, TDBChart ....,TChartDataSet, etc in my TEECHART PALLET. But I was asking about TChartEditor component, which isn't there.

I Installed the binary version, so Should I install the full sourcecode version after the binary version and follow the instructions in the pdf?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:41 am

Hello,
GTI wrote:Yes I follow the pdf from the link. And yes I did the next test :"create a new application, drop a TChart component on the form and run it". I was successfull because I have installed TChart, TDBChart ....,TChartDataSet, etc in my TEECHART PALLET. But I was asking about TChartEditor component, which isn't there.
I'm sorry I missed the problem was only in the TChartEditor component.
Note this component is only shipped with TeeChart Pro components, not with TeeChart Standard.
So the problem is the one I mentioned in the last paragraph above:
Yeray wrote:Finally, I see you mention DclTee919.bpl is in your list of packages. This is TeeChart Standard version. DclTeePro919.bpl is the package for TeeChart Pro VCL. But, having DclTee919.bpl in the list should also end in a TChart component in the palette.
GTI wrote:I Installed the binary version, so Should I install the full sourcecode version after the binary version and follow the instructions in the pdf?
Of course you are free to use the binary version if you like. There's no difference regarding the components installed.
Just mentioned it in case you want to use the source code.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy