Image tool

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ClausB

Image tool

Post by ClausB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi, I'm using TeeChart Standard v2014.12.140923 and Delphi XE6.
According to "Tee9New_win32.exe" there is a tool/compnent/property called Image described as

The Image tool draws a picture (bitmap, jpeg, etc) behind chart Series.
This can be used for GIS (Geographical) systems, using contours over
images, or any other application using images as backgrounds.
The image does zoom and scroll, following the associated series and axes.

I can't find any such a tool in my standard version. Is it only available in the pro-version?
Do you have some examples showing how to use Image? I'm interested in find out to let the picture (a map) following the series and axes when zooming.

Best regards
Claus

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Image tool

Post by Yeray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Claus,
ClausB wrote:I can't find any such a tool in my standard version. Is it only available in the pro-version?
Yes, the Chart Tools are only included with the Pro version as you can see in the feature matrix:
http://www.steema.com/featurematrix/vcl
ClausB wrote:Do you have some examples showing how to use Image? I'm interested in find out to let the picture (a map) following the series and axes when zooming.
With the Standard version you could manually draw an image at OnBeforeDrawSeries event using the Canvas StretchDraw method. But before calling this method you'll have to manually calculate the Rectangle coordinates using the Series' CalcXPosValue/CalcYPosValue functions.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

ClausB

Post by ClausB » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you. So I bought the pro-version, but didn't get any license-number etc., therefore I downloaded a trial-version. Got an email with a license number and password, installed the trial pro-version (v2014.12.140923) and compiled without problems the old Delphi-project. Then I added an image via Tools in my TChart and tried to compile and got this fatal error:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] WTShowWT.pas(8): F2051 Unit VCLTee.TeeTools was compiled with a different version of VCLTee.Series.TCustomSeries

In the units uses part "VCLTee.TeeTools" was automatically added when the image was added via Tools. "VCLTee.TeeTools" is red-underlined in the uses part.

All references in Delphi XE6's Component|Install Packages etc. referes to the new "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart 2014 for RAD XE6\Delphi20.win32\Bin\"-folder. By the way, "win32" is a bit confusing, it's running on a Win7-64-bit PC.

Do you have any solutions?

Best regards
Claus

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi Claus,
ClausB wrote:Thank you. So I bought the pro-version, but didn't get any license-number etc., therefore I downloaded a trial-version. Got an email with a license number and password, installed the trial pro-version (v2014.12.140923) and compiled without problems the old Delphi-project. Then I added an image via Tools in my TChart and tried to compile and got this fatal error:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] WTShowWT.pas(8): F2051 Unit VCLTee.TeeTools was compiled with a different version of VCLTee.Series.TCustomSeries

In the units uses part "VCLTee.TeeTools" was automatically added when the image was added via Tools. "VCLTee.TeeTools" is red-underlined in the uses part.
Please, check the components in the list of packages and the Library paths:
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 651#p66651
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 025#p62025
ClausB wrote:All references in Delphi XE6's Component|Install Packages etc. referes to the new "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\TeeChart 2014 for RAD XE6\Delphi20.win32\Bin\"-folder. By the way, "win32" is a bit confusing, it's running on a Win7-64-bit PC.
This is the list of packages you have installed in the IDE. Since the IDE is 32bit program, AFAIK only 32bit components can be used at design time. That's why we install the bpls from the "win32" folder.
However, the applications are compiled with the units found in the Libraries paths, that may be different for the different target platforms you can select: Win32, Win64,...
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

ClausB

Post by ClausB » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:36 pm

Thank you for your polite help, but it didn't help. I followed all advices in the two links to earlier topics (uninstalled and reinstalled, check Component|Install Packages, moved Teecharts to the top in libery path and Debug DCU Path etc.) but still get the same error.
But I observed following:
When I start a Delphi XE6 project from scratch and drop a TeeChart on the main form and add an image and a series via Tool, it compile without problems.
If I in my originally project on the main form (without any earlier TeeChart-stuff) drop a TeeChart it compile OK. But if I add an image via Tool, the same error occur.
Conclusion: An scaleable image on a TeeChart in a new project works, but it don't in an existing project.
It seems that the old series don't co-operate with the (new) image tool. My series are rather complicated with a lot of changes in properties so I strongly prefere not to delete them and reconstruct them.

Be aware that I'm still using the trial version of the pro-version because I still didn't get a new password (but I'm emailng with your sales department on that matter).

Best regards
Claus

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Claus,

If a new project is being compiled with different packages than an old project, the problem will probably be some paths may be hardcoded in the old project files. Please, open the old project file with notepad or similar and search & correct any wrong *tee* reference you may find on it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

ClausB

Post by ClausB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Yeray, I solved the "different version"-problem, it was my own fault because forgot that I have a seperat dcu-folder for all project dcu's to avoid recompile third-party source code when building the project. Of course I have to update this folder with the lastest TeeChart-DCU's before recompiling.Thank you for your patience help.

But I have to ask you one more question. When I via Tool|Image load a png-picture (646kB) or the same picture as JPEG (920 kB) it is only possible to zoom in 2-3 times, after that I get a sytem "out of resources" exception. When I remove the image I can zoom in and out without limitations. I have two series of app. 7500 boubles and/or app. 7500 points that works perfect without image. Can you give me some clues to solve this problem?

Best regards
Claus

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:01 pm

Hello Claus,
But I have to ask you one more question. When I via Tool|Image load a png-picture (646kB) or the same picture as JPEG (920 kB) it is only possible to zoom in 2-3 times, after that I get a sytem "out of resources" exception. When I remove the image I can zoom in and out without limitations. I have two series of app. 7500 boubles and/or app. 7500 points that works perfect without image. Can you give me some clues to solve this problem?
I would like inform you that the problem you are experiencing has been added in the TeeChart tracker in the bug number Id990 to fix it to upcoming versions of TeeChart Pro VCL/FMX. Feel Free to add your email account to the tickets so you can be automatically notified when and update arrives.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum