TChart editor errors

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
sde

TChart editor errors

Post by sde » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi,

I am currently using Build 2013.09.131119, so it is possible you have already fixed these concerns. I unfortunately cannot upgrade to the newest version this late in the release cycle for my own product, though, so if you have any workarounds or can confirm this has been addressed already, I would appreciated it.

(1) Chart>Axis>Options>Minimum/Maximum

In previous versions of the software, if you edited the edit box it would automatically deselect "auto" for you. Now it only does this if you use the change button. It would be nice if you went back to automatically deselecting or just remove the edit box completely or the change button completely. My users find it confusing to have two methods and to have them work differently.

(2) Series>marks>Margins

You replaced the spin edit boxes with slider bards and the slider bars have no effect when you move them.

Thanks!
SDE

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TChart editor errors

Post by Sandra » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:15 am

Hello sde,
(1) Chart>Axis>Options>Minimum/Maximum
In previous versions of the software, if you edited the edit box it would automatically deselect "auto" for you. Now it only does this if you use the change button. It would be nice if you went back to automatically deselecting or just remove the edit box completely or the change button completely. My users find it confusing to have two methods and to have them work differently.
Currently the check box automatic is deselected when you modify the text box or use the change button. Therefore, in latest maintenance release of TeeChart Pro VCL/FMX build number 2014.12.140923 we consider the behaviour is correct.
(2) Series>marks>Margins
You replaced the spin edit boxes with slider bards and the slider bars have no effect when you move them.
The problem is fixed in latest TeeChart Pro VCL/FMX version build number 2014.12.140923.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum