problem with TeeOpenGL

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Paul

problem with TeeOpenGL

Post by Paul » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:39 am

Hi

Is TeeOpenGL component in beta stage? I'm asking because it has a lot of bugs...

Please add these two additional bugs:
1. When we put TChart (with enabled OpenGL) on TPanel with DoubleBuffered property set to True TChart canvas is changing to black rectangle.
2. MarginBottom and MarginTop properties are connected to each other. The same problem is with MarginLeft and MarginRight property.

Paul

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem with TeeOpenGL

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi Paul,
Paul wrote: Is TeeOpenGL component in beta stage? I'm asking because it has a lot of bugs...
It's not in beta stage but it's not the main rendering platform so it may not get as much attention as GDI+ or GDI Win32 get.
Paul wrote: 1. When we put TChart (with enabled OpenGL) on TPanel with DoubleBuffered property set to True TChart canvas is changing to black rectangle.
It works fine for me here in Delphi 7 but fails in XE7. I have added it (ID993) to bugzilla. Please feel free to sign up and add yourself to the CC List to receive automatic updates.
Paul wrote: 2. MarginBottom and MarginTop properties are connected to each other. The same problem is with MarginLeft and MarginRight property.
I have also added this one to bugzilla (ID994).
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:37 am

Hello Narcís,

thanks for response. I fully understand that OpenGL it's not main rendering platform for TChart and it may contain some bugs but now it's impossible to draw simple chart with acceptable quality.

Can I expect that at least these two bugs (Bug 802 and Bug 851) will be fixed in the next release?

Regards,
Paul

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Hello Paul,
Paul wrote:Can I expect that at least these two bugs (Bug 802 and Bug 851) will be fixed in the next release?
I've checked they are still reproducible with the current internal sources and added some simple code snippets to easily reproduce them.
However, I can't tell you if they will be fixed for the next maintenance release.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy