different version of System.RTLVersion

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Dlos

different version of System.RTLVersion

Post by Dlos » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:32 am

Dear TeeChart Guys,
some remarks about the installation of TeeChart v7 with D6 ent.

Why does the installer not automaticly search for older versions of TeeChart itself?
Why do I have to search my Harddisks just to get that annoying errors arround. It would have been great, if the readme or the FAQ would have told me to do so, but instead I have to search this forum.

The Error with the different versions of System.RTL?
Why is there nothing about that in the readme or in the FAQ. I mean you would save your own time (time for answering the questions of customers) if u would do so.
In fact your answers just to update to RTL3 is insufficient.
For all others who have this problem:
It is not enough to just install RTL3 update but also required to install updates RTL1 and RTL2!!!
So please say this in FAQ. That's what FAQs are for.

All those issues are known for some time now and could be checked by installer.

Regards,
Dlos

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:03 am

Hi Dlos,
Why does the installer not automaticly search for older versions of TeeChart itself?
Why do I have to search my Harddisks just to get that annoying errors arround. It would have been great, if the readme or the FAQ would have told me to do so, but instead I have to search this forum.
We're improving our installers so older version can be detected, hope this features will be added for the next releases. In meantime I suggest you uninstall all the old TeeChart version before to install a new one.
The Error with the different versions of System.RTL?
Why is there nothing about that in the readme or in the FAQ. I mean you would save your own time (time for answering the questions of customers) if u would do so.
In fact your answers just to update to RTL3 is insufficient.
For all others who have this problem:
It is not enough to just install RTL3 update but also required to install updates RTL1 and RTL2!!!
So please say this in FAQ. That's what FAQs are for.
I think remember that this is commented in the page where the installer is listed ot download. Also, about hte RTL1 and RTL2, I think that both must be installed before to install the RTL3.

Sorry for the problems that this could be cause.