Polar series is not circled

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
jens.mertelmeyer

Polar series is not circled

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:06 pm

I'm having a weird problem:
  • I have a chart with several polar series
  • At design time and when running it on a bunch of PCs and virtual machines I have access to it looks decent.
  • However, when running it on the clients machine, the polar chart is an ellipsis instead of a circle.
  • It looks exactly as if I had unticked the "Circled" property box in the object inspector.
Is there anything that could cause this? I'm probably getting only one chance to fix this. Is there anything that could cause this? Linear charts look fine, by the way. Probably a weird screen resolution?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Polar series is not circled

Post by Narcís » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 am

Hello Jens,

That might be the same problem we discussed here. Can you provide some more information about your enviornment (TeeChart version, operating system version, IDE version, screen resolution where the problem occurs, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

jens.mertelmeyer

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Thanks for your reply. It does indeed look like the same problem. The application was built with RAD Studio XE7 and TeeChart 2014.12 Pro from scratch.

I tried it on several machines and VMs from Win7 - Win10 Technical Preview, no problem.

As far as I could see, the clients machine was a Win7 32 Bit, French. Not sure which Edition. Screen resolution seemed to be 1600x900. The polar chart was set to auto scale with the window (Align = alClient) and it continued to be an ellipsis when resizing the window.

I don't think there are any additional information I can give you. I probably won't get another TeamViewer session and our local technician will be departing today.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Hello Jens,

Thanks for your feedback. I've been searching more about the issue and found the workaround to it is using a custom pie radius as explained here. Getting the right display dimensions and ratio is difficult in some occasions as you can read here.

Hope it gets to you on time so that this can be fixed at the client.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

gerhardsachs

Post by gerhardsachs » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:14 pm

In my case the Problem occured only on VirtualBox PCs.
I replaced all Virtualbox Systems by either VMare Workstation or VMWare Player.
Since then the Problem is gone.

jens.mertelmeyer

Post by jens.mertelmeyer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:19 am

I'm even not entirely sure if it occurred at all: It looked extremely weird on TeamViewer and our local technician was like "Yees, it could be an ellipsis instead of a circle". The virtual machines I tested it on were VMware. Not sure if I ever get my hands on the machine again.