Install TeeQR

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Lenfors

Install TeeQR

Post by Lenfors » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:45 am

Hello!

So as usual when installing the TeeQR I'm stuck! Can't understand why this can be a problem EVERY time I do an upgrade.....

I run Windows 7 with a fresh installed Delphi XE7. Then I installed the latest Quick report version 5.06. Tried the Quick report components and it works fine.
The I installed latest TeeChart version TeeChart2015RADXE7 and additionally the source code TeeChart2015SourceCode.
Installation works fine and I can use the TeeChart components in a project.

Now I try to use TQRChart but it's not available in the IDE.

Trying to run the TeeRecompile.exe from the source code library. QuickReport checked! Run without any error messages!

Still no TQRChart available in the IDE.

Trying to open the TeeQR921.bpl file an compile it. getting error message
[dcc32 Fatal Error] TeeQR921.dpk(34): E2202 Required package 'QuickRpt' not found.
Searching for QuickRpt.dcu on the disk and it's among others in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Delphi\DelphiXE7\lib\win32\release wich I explicitly enter in the Tools/Options/Library Path!

Still the same error when compiling!

I cant understand why this single unit always is a problem to install. I written a support case every single time I tried to upgrade TeeChart......
Why doesn't it even compile on a fresh installation of latest version of all components????

Best regards, Mikael

Lenfors

Re: Install TeeQR

Post by Lenfors » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:12 pm

Just rerun the TeeRecompile.exe program and checked the log output. There is not a single "Q" character in the entire log!?
Should not TeeQr... be recompiled when this is checked?

Lenfors

Post by Lenfors » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Please help! Still waiting for a solution. Soon I speent another working day installing this unit.....

Tried again to uninstall TeeChart. Deleted every "Tee" file on the computer. Reinstalled TeeChart without problems, but there is no TeeQR available!
Trying to load TeeQR921.bpl but it says Required package "QuickRpt" not found when compiling. I checked and there is a valid path to QuickRpt.dcu in the Library path.....
Also tried to set Project Options / Description / Rebuild as needed, but it does not help!

Please advise....

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Hello Lenfors,

I'm sorry to hear you find so much problems with the integration of TeeChart in QuickReport.
Have you tried using the packages here?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Lenfors

Post by Lenfors » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Hello!

Thanks for your reply, but now I wonder, WHY ARE THESE FILES NOT INCLUDED IN THE INSTALLATION?????

I Installed the TeeChart2015RADXE7.exe and TeeChart2015SourceCode.exe and after that I scanned the entire computer for Tee9QR506D21 and DclTee9QR506D21. They are not available! I Extra bought the source code to really get Everything I needed!
As for all other updates I done with TQRChart it takes ages and support cases to get it running!

Now, I downloaded the Tee9QR5D21.zip with the above files. Where am I supposed to put these files before compiling them?

Best regards, Mikael

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:05 am

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you find so much problems with the integration of TeeChart in QuickReport.
Lenfors wrote:I Installed the TeeChart2015RADXE7.exe and TeeChart2015SourceCode.exe and after that I scanned the entire computer for Tee9QR506D21 and DclTee9QR506D21. They are not available!
Both the binary and the source code versions try to install the according packages for you, but I'm afraid they sometimes fail.
The binary version has the files for the integration of TeeChart into QuickReport at the "DelphiXX.win32\QuickReport" and the source code version has them directly into the Sources folder.
Lenfors wrote:I Extra bought the source code to really get Everything I needed!
Don't hesitate to contact the sales department and I'm sure they will do all the possible for you.
Lenfors wrote:As for all other updates I done with TQRChart it takes ages and support cases to get it running!
We are constantly trying to improve the installer automatizing it as much as possible, but considering the number of the variants I'm afraid this isn't an easy task.
Also, for we always try to provide the packages for the specific environments of those customers that find problems like you here in the forums.
Lenfors wrote:Now, I downloaded the Tee9QR5D21.zip with the above files. Where am I supposed to put these files before compiling them?
Just follow the instructions Sandra posted with the packages here. Did you find any error following them?
There are also generic instructions here for those who find problems with it and want to manually prepare and install the packages, just in the same way as we do when we prepare them on-demand for a customer in the forums.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Lenfors

Post by Lenfors » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:42 am

Ok, you didn't answer my question where to place the files so I just put them in a folder under TeeChart.....

Opened DclTee9QR5D21.dpk and tried to compile.
[dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Tee9QR5D21.res'
[dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Tee9QR5D21.otares'

Scanned the entire disk and these files are not available!

Tried the following from another link but getting same error
---------
I would like suggest you disable the unit scope names to solve the problem you are experiencing. To do it, please, follows the steps below:
1- Open the Tee9QR5D21.dpk project.
2- Go to the project menu->Options->Unit scope name -> inherit and disable the option.
---------

And the story continues.... I'm on my second working day with this as usual.....

Lenfors

Post by Lenfors » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:08 am

Restarted Delphi and reopened the file Tee9QR5D21.dpk

Tried to compile again and now I'm getting error
[dcc64 Fatal Error] Tee9QR5D21.dpk(36): E2202 Required package 'TeeUI921' not found

I can find the file called TeeUI921.dpk in the .\Sources folder and a path there is included in the Library path

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:31 am

Hello Mikael,

The Tee9QR5D21.zip in the post I suggested you has two folders: compiledwin32 and compiledwin64.
If your environment is the same that was used to build those packages, you could directly use the compiled packages that are already present in these folders, instead of building them again.
To give it a try, you can skip the first part of the instructions and start here:
Sandra wrote:Once you have both packages built, copy the packages from the "compiledWin32" folder accordingly:
- DclTee9QR506D21.bpl to $(BDS)\bin
- Tee9QR506D21.bpl to %windir%\SysWOW64 (if a 64bit OS) or to %windir%\System32 (if a 32bit OS)
- The rest of the files from the "compiledWin32" folder to $(BDS)\lib\win32\release and $(BDS)\lib\win32\Debug
Only in the case you want compile in Win64, too.
- Tee9QR506D21.bpl form compiledWin32 folder to %windir%\SysWOW64
and
- Tee9QR506D21.bpl form compiledWin64 to %windir%\System32.
- The rest of the files from the "compiledWin64" folder to $(BDS)\lib\win64\release and $(BDS)\lib\win64\Debug
Then you should be able to open the IDE, add the $(BDS)\bin\DclTee9QR506D21.bpl package to the components list in the IDE and use it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software