Image tool

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ClausB

Image tool

Post by ClausB » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:00 am

Hi, I'm using TeeChart Standard v2014.15.150120 and Delphi XE6.
I tried to remove some of components in my Delphi XE6 installation. Unfortunatelly this messed up my TeeChart component so I have to find some slightly older versions of the DFM- and PAS-files containing the TChart. In this TChart I use a Tools|Image. I can see this image in design mode (showed at the TChart background) but at runtime it it will not show up. All works fine as before (zooming, showing my series etc.) but the image (a bmp) is not showed. I tried to delete the TChartImageTool and add it again but still the same result: no bitmap. I think the problen is a slightly mismatch between the DFM- and the PAS-file, but it compile OK.
Do you have any good hint?
Best regards
Claus Backalarz

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Image tool

Post by Yeray » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Claus,
ClausB wrote: I'm using TeeChart Standard v2014.15.150120 and Delphi XE6.
I assume v2014.15 is a "typo" (and you meant v2015.14) because there's no v2014.15 build that I know.
I also guess you meant TeeChart "Pro" because TeeChart "Standard" doesn't include the support for TeeChart Tools:
http://www.steema.com/featurematrix/vcl
ClausB wrote:I tried to remove some of components in my Delphi XE6 installation. Unfortunatelly this messed up my TeeChart component so I have to find some slightly older versions of the DFM- and PAS-files containing the TChart. In this TChart I use a Tools|Image. I can see this image in design mode (showed at the TChart background) but at runtime it it will not show up. All works fine as before (zooming, showing my series etc.) but the image (a bmp) is not showed. I tried to delete the TChartImageTool and add it again but still the same result: no bitmap. I think the problen is a slightly mismatch between the DFM- and the PAS-file, but it compile OK.
Do you have any good hint?
I'm trying to reproduce the problem with TeeChart Pro v2015.14 in a new "VCL Forms Application - Delphi" in RAD Studio XE6. I just created the project, dropped a TChart component into the main form and added the following code:

Code: Select all

uses VCLTee.TeeTools;

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  with Chart1.Tools.Add(TChartImageTool) as TChartImageTool do
  begin
    Picture.LoadFromFile('E:\tmp\steema_logo.jpg');
  end;
end;
And it seems to work fine for me here:
2015-03-30_1227.png
2015-03-30_1227.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
Could you please arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy