Problems aligning two charts in TeeChart 5 / BCB

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Stewie

Problems aligning two charts in TeeChart 5 / BCB

Post by Stewie » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:59 pm

I have two charts, one above the other, holding data with the same X coordinates. The top is a OHLC chart and the bottom is displaying a volume chart. When I populate the charts I am setting both BottomAxis->Minimum to the same value, but the displays are slightly offset. I have the same margins etc.

The top chart starts the first bar some way in from the left hand axis so that the time fits neatly on the bottom axis. The bottom chart, has the time with the colon underneath the left axis, so the data points are not aligned.

What settings do I need to change to fix this, I don't think it is a coding problem. Is it because one chart is OHLC and the other is a volume chart ? I've check the axis settings and can't see what I need to change.

Thanks

Stewart

Jilonger.Xusen

try to do it

Post by Jilonger.Xusen » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:47 am

Chart1.LeftAxis.LabelsSize:=30;
Chart2.LeftAxis.LabelsSize:=30;
VolumeSeries1.CustomBarWidth:=CandleSeries1.CandleWidth;

/////////////////////
addtion :

compile and run
http://www.teechart.net/support/modules ... ac0509b947

it is samed as that we have a same problem.

Stewie

Post by Stewie » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:50 am

Thanks for that, will give it a try. Don't you mean the BottomAxis LabelsSize rather than LeftAxis (I don't have LeftAxis on my charts). Am adding the CustomBarWidth code too, but my problem is not the relative sizes of the bars but the where they are started.... Have just purchased version 7 so will install that and see if it makes any difference.

I suppose I could go back to having everything on a single chart, but I liked the convenience of having a splitter between my two charts for easy re-sizing etc.

Can't try out the code you linked to as I have BCB not Delphi.

Will let you know how I get on.

Stew