TChart is freezing

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
cssesuc

TChart is freezing

Post by cssesuc » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:32 pm

dear Support,
we successfully downloaded the latest TChartPro 2015 binary and sources as well.
The application which was running without any issue with the 2013 demo version, simply fails. the TChart window hangs up
Do you advise to entirely recompile the TeeChart Pro 2015 Full Source Code with the TeeRecompile.exe tool?
Our configuration reads:
Windows 7 SP1
Delphi XE2 Version 16.0.4429.46931 (update 4)
For info, while proceeding with the installation, I got an error message about the TeeTree source missing (see the snapshot). Shall I worry about it?
thanks
Attachments
steema2Capture.PNG
steema2Capture.PNG (49.72 KiB) Viewed 4650 times
thanks,
Nabil Ghodbane (PhD. Habil)

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TChart is freezing

Post by Yeray » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:24 am

Hello,
cssesuc wrote: we successfully downloaded the latest TChartPro 2015 binary and sources as well.
The application which was running without any issue with the 2013 demo version, simply fails. the TChart window hangs up
Do you advise to entirely recompile the TeeChart Pro 2015 Full Source Code with the TeeRecompile.exe tool?
SourceCode customer can either use the binary or the source code version. The choice is up to you and bear in mind if you don't modify the sources the final result should be the very same (we internally use a version of TeeRecompile to build the installers).
I'd suggest you to check the paths and the list of components in the IDE. Then I'd check if a new simple example project with just a chart on a form works fine for you. If this simple application works but not your old project, I'd debug it to try to find what's the minimal combination of settings that reproduces the problem. Then, you'll probably be able to describe with more details where is the problem, if there's a problem with TeeChart or not and we could further investigate it.
cssesuc wrote:For info, while proceeding with the installation, I got an error message about the TeeTree source missing (see the snapshot). Shall I worry about it?
This is a known problem we've already fixed for the next maintenance release. In the meanwhile, if you don't use TeeTree I'd just check the paths and the list of packages ans mentioned above.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy