Trying To Install VCL XE8 For QuickReports Pro

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Rick Hillier

Trying To Install VCL XE8 For QuickReports Pro

Post by Rick Hillier » Mon May 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Greetings,

I am trying to install the above for QuickReports Pro 5.06. I have a virgin Delphi XE8 Pro installed, as well as TeeChart Pro 2015.15 for XE8. The package for supporting QR Pro for XE8 contains absolutely no documentation for installing this and when I go to compile the projects, I get complaints about all kinds of required packages that cannot be found. Could someone please give me a kick in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,

>>> Rick <<<

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying To Install VCL XE8 For QuickReports Pro

Post by Yeray » Tue May 12, 2015 7:29 am

Hi Rick,

Have you tried the packages here?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

I did... I try to install the first one and I get a complaint that QR506RunDXE8.bpl is missing. The compiler also chokes on the mention of this in the "requires" section. I have those bpl files with a "w32" on the end, though.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Hello Ricky,

The customer in that thread found a similar error and corrected the packages. Have you tried his packages?
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 561#p69011
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Tue May 12, 2015 4:27 pm

I have tried compiling the first package, but the compiler choked on the requirement for:

QR506RunDXE8

I don't see that anywhere on my hard drive, but there are similar filenames with "w32" appended to the filename. They are in a known folder. I even tried changing this to QR506RunDXE8w32 to match the filenames that exist but no go.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 am

Hello,

What exact QuickReport version have you installed? Maybe you installed QR506DXE8w32_installer.exe (Win32 only + BDE) instead of QR506DXE8_installer.exe.
With QR506DXE8_installer.exe installed in a Win8 x64 with RAD XE8, I find QR506RunDXE8.bpl at the following locations:
\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\bin
\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\bin64
\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\lib\win32\debug
\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\lib\win32\release
\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\lib\win64\debug
\Embarcadero\Studio\16.0\lib\win64\release
I you want to use QR506DXE8w32_installer.exe, search for QR*Run*.bpl at \Embarcadero\Studio\16.0 and correct the reference at Tee9QR506D22.dpk with it.

If you still find problems with it, don't hesitate to let us know.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Wed May 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Okay... I inadvertently had the win32 version installed. I uninstalled that and installed the full version. That part is now working fine in both 32 and 64 bit versions.

I re-copied the original TeeChart package for QReport and started over with that.

I am trying to start out compiling the 32-bit release vesrsions. The compiler is choking on the "vcl" requires part.

I had no problems getting this thing working with Delphi XE3 Pro. This is getting to be frustrating.

I am just about ready to give up. There should be some sort of step-by-step documentation for this.

If I cannot get this working, then I just spent a lot of money for nothing, as I have a large application that uses this in many places.

>>> Rick <<<

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu May 14, 2015 8:49 am

Hi Rick,

I'm sorry to hear you find so many problems installing TeeChart for QuickReport.
I see both the packages Sandra attached here and the packages a customer posted here include the compiledwin32 and compiledwin64 packages. You should be able to reuse those compiled packages:

Copy the packages from the "compiledwin32" folder accordingly:
- DclTee9QR5D22.bpl to $(BDS)\bin
- Tee9QR5D22.bpl to %windir%\SysWOW64 (if you are in a 64bit OS) or to %windir%\System32 (if you are in a 32bit OS)
- The rest of the files from the "compiledwin32" folder to $(BDS)\lib\win32\release and $(BDS)\lib\win32\Debug

In the case you want compile you projects for Win64, also copy the packages from the "compiledwin64" folder accordingly:
- Tee9QR5D22.bpl to %windir%\System32.
- The rest of the files from the "compiledwin64" folder to $(BDS)\lib\win64\release and $(BDS)\lib\win64\Debug

Then you should be able to open the IDE, add the $(BDS)\bin\DclTee9QR5D22.bpl package to the components list in the IDE and use it.

Note complete and generic instructions to build and install TeeChart for QuickReport can be found here:
http://www.teechart.net/reference/artic ... Report.htm
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Thu May 14, 2015 1:01 pm

I did all of these steps and when I go to install the compiled package, I get the following:

Cannot load package 'Tee9220.' It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeGDIPlus',
which is also contained in package 'Tee922.'

<sigh>

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu May 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Hello Rick,

Tee9220 is the TeeChart Lite/Standard package shipped with the IDE. There may be some component installed that is still loading this package.
Please make sure the Pro version is installed in the IDE (see the list of components) and not the Lite/Standard that was shipped with the IDE.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Thu May 14, 2015 4:41 pm

The Tool Palette tab still reads TeeChart Lite, but right clicking the teechart when I drop it on a form shows the pro version. There are other controls (I assume related to TeeChart) on that tab too, but I have no way of knowing what version they are.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri May 15, 2015 7:51 am

Hello Rick,
Rick Hillier wrote:The Tool Palette tab still reads TeeChart Lite, but right clicking the teechart when I drop it on a form shows the pro version. There are other controls (I assume related to TeeChart) on that tab too, but I have no way of knowing what version they are.
Note the difference between:

-The palette/toolbox.
The components in the palette can be organized in sections but they can be changed, so they can be wrong. Or in the case of TeeChart, since there are components shipped with the IDE, when the Pro version is installed they may rest in the place where they originally were.
2015-05-15_0928.png
2015-05-15_0928.png (10.21 KiB) Viewed 19255 times
- The list of components is accessible through "Component\Install Packages..."
It shows what packages are being loaded into the IDE. This is the list you should check.
list_packages.png
list_packages.png (29.33 KiB) Viewed 19261 times
I've re-checked compiled packages Sandra posted in that thread I mentioned and they seem to work fine for me with TeeChart Pro v2015.15 in XE8.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Sat May 16, 2015 11:39 pm

I did check that... I haven't done a whole lot with the IDE yet, as I don't have everything installed yet. TeeChart is one of the more important ones I use, so it was one of the first. I have to assume that your installer would have removed the standard version. I have attached a jpeg of what's in mine...
Attachments
Components.jpg
Components.jpg (107.31 KiB) Viewed 19291 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 18, 2015 9:29 am

Hello,

I see you are using QuickReport 5.05. Note the latest version of QuickReport is v5.06.
That could be a difference making the packages we compiled here not to work fine in your environment.
If you don't want to upgrade to v5.06 we'd need to recompile the TQRChart packages for that environment, following the instructions here.

However, the error indicated tee*0 (the TeeChart Lite/Std package shipped with the IDE) was still being loaded.
Have you tried to create a new simple example project with just a TChart on the form? If it builds fine, try to output the build version that is being used. Ie:

Code: Select all

uses VCLTee.TeeConst;

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Caption:=TeeMsg_Version;
end;
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Tue May 19, 2015 1:28 pm

I think something is wrong with my Delphi xe8 installation in general. To date, I have only been trying to get all of my libraries installed and working. I tried just creating an empty vcl project and running it to get the main form to show... I get an "E1026 File Not Found: Controls.res" error. The "lib" folder is in my library search path.

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled... same problem. The files are in my installation folder under the various "lib" subfolders. Embarcadero's discussion forum does not show any sort of "new thread" item even though I am logged in.

I know this isn't the place to ask, but do you have any ideas there?