Trying To Install VCL XE8 For QuickReports Pro

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying To Install VCL XE8 For QuickReports Pro

Post by Yeray » Tue May 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Hello,

If a new simple example project doesn't work after reinstalling the IDE, I'd try to download the IDE installer (iso) again.

The old Embarcadero Forums are a bit unstable, but worth to give them a try:
https://forums.embarcadero.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1

The new Embarcadero forums at the Community portal:
http://community.embarcadero.com/index.php/forum

There's also a good Delphi community at GPlus:
https://plus.google.com/communities/103 ... 1486591754
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Thu May 21, 2015 1:52 am

I have uninstalled everything and have started Delphi XE8 from scratch. When I installed TChart Pro 2015, I got the following error message:
TeeChartErrorInstalling.png
TeeChartErrorInstalling.png (5.51 KiB) Viewed 14605 times
I cannot find these files anywhere. It would do a lot for my sanity to be able to locate these files on your site as the message said, so if someone could give me a kick in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

So far, everything installed is working.

I will try to install the QReport TChart version in a day or two. I know that the list of installed packages that I posted earlier shows QReport 5.05, but the component itself shows 5.06 when I right click on it. The filename also hints that it is 5.06.

I will try to install the QReport TChart version in a day or two. Wish me luck.

My brain hurts :)

>>> Rick <<<

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu May 21, 2015 7:21 am

Hi Rick,
Rick Hillier wrote:When I installed TChart Pro 2015, I got the following error message:

I cannot find these files anywhere. It would do a lot for my sanity to be able to locate these files on your site as the message said, so if someone could give me a kick in the right direction, it would be appreciated.
In the latest release announce in this forum you can see this:
Narcís wrote: ATTENTION: For those users with problems with missing GDIPOBJ & GDIPAPI headers, you can download them here.
Rick Hillier wrote: I will try to install the QReport TChart version in a day or two. Wish me luck.

My brain hurts :)
I'm sorry to hear it's so painful!
We'll be here trying to help you in the process.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Thu May 21, 2015 12:38 pm

Greetings,

I downloaded those files - thank you for the kick in the right direction. Funny... I did a search for the filename and didn't see that post. I must have missed something.

The fun with the QReport component still continues.

I tried compiling the project and am not meeting with success.

Tee9QR506D220 compiles fine in the 64-bit target in both debug and release versions, fine in the 32-bit target, debug version, but chokes on the line:

QrTee in 'QrTee.pas';

with an error: "F2048 Bad Unit Format: 'QrTee.dcu' - expected version 29.0, Windows Unicode (x86) Found version: 29.0, Windows Unicode (x64)"

I have no idea how to correct this.

I also tried installing the precompiled packages that came in the zip file that was provided.

I get this error when installing it:
TeeChartInstallPackageError.png
TeeChartInstallPackageError.png (8.05 KiB) Viewed 14587 times
All I have done is install Delphi XE8, QReport Pro 5.06, the InfoPower suite, DBISAM (database) and TeeChart Pro.

I will post an attachment of the installed package list in a subsequent message (I seem to only be able to attach one at a time here). Right clicking on a teechart on a vcl form shows the pro version.

I don't know what else to try.

>>> Rick <<<

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Thu May 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Here is the bottom of the list of Delphi packages installed (the top consists of all of the basic packages that come with Delphi):
DelphiPackagesInstalled.png
DelphiPackagesInstalled.png (40.31 KiB) Viewed 14593 times
I don't see sign of the standard component installed.

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Thu May 21, 2015 1:00 pm

After some fiddling around, I managed to get the packages to compile, however, when I go to install the design time package, I get these errors:
TeeChartPackageInstallError1.png
TeeChartPackageInstallError1.png (16.6 KiB) Viewed 14642 times
I am pretty sure I have the library search path set up correctly.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri May 22, 2015 9:01 am

Hello Rick,
Rick Hillier wrote:Tee9QR506D220 compiles fine in the 64-bit target in both debug and release versions, fine in the 32-bit target, debug version, but chokes on the line:

QrTee in 'QrTee.pas';

with an error: "F2048 Bad Unit Format: 'QrTee.dcu' - expected version 29.0, Windows Unicode (x86) Found version: 29.0, Windows Unicode (x64)"

I have no idea how to correct this.
This is because you compiled the project for 64bits, the compiler generated the 64bit version of the .dcu from the .pas. Now, you switched to 32bits platform and the compiler finds the .dcu and tries to use it instead of recompiling it from the .pas.
Move/Remove the generated .dcu(s) and to fix that.
Rick Hillier wrote:I also tried installing the precompiled packages that came in the zip file that was provided.
This way you only need to be using the same packages that were used to build them.
Rick Hillier wrote:I get this error when installing it:
This is because the TeeChart Lite/Standard version that is shipped with the IDE is still being loaded.
It can be loaded because:
- It hasn't been correctly uninstalled when installing the Pro version.
- It is loaded by some 3rd party tool embedding it.
- The TQRChart packages you are installing were compiled for it.
Rick Hillier wrote:All I have done is install Delphi XE8, QReport Pro 5.06, the InfoPower suite, DBISAM (database) and TeeChart Pro.
I'm not sure if any of these 3rd party tools include any component embedding TeeChart Lite/Standard. I'd try unselecting all them from the list of packages.
Rick Hillier wrote:Here is the bottom of the list of Delphi packages installed (the top consists of all of the basic packages that come with Delphi):
I see lots of 3rd party components. Try unselecting them to see if you can add the TQRChart precompiled packages (or those compiled for you).
Rick Hillier wrote:After some fiddling around, I managed to get the packages to compile, however, when I go to install the design time package, I get these errors:
Have you changed the references in DclTee9QR5D22.dpk?
Note the TeeChart Pro design time package for XE8 is called DclTeePro922.bpl.
DclTee922.bpl is the package for the Standard commercial version. Both packages should be in your TeeChart Pro installation, in the "\Delphi22\Delphi22.win32\Bin" folder but only the Dcl*Pro*.bpl should be referenced in DclTee9QR5D*.dpk if you are using TeeChart Pro.

I'd suggest you to give another try to the precompiled packages unselecting the 3rd party tools. If you can identify one of them being the cause of the problems, then we'll be able to move on.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Fri May 22, 2015 12:59 pm

The only 3rd party components that I have installed beyond what was there already via the Delphi XE8 installer is DBISAM (makes no reference to TeeChart - it's a database system) and InfoPower - a series of data-aware components that have nothing to do with TeeChart, and QReport Pro. I unchecked the DBISAM and InfoPower sets of packages, leaving QReport (as that is what I am trying to get TeeChart working with) and tried again - same errors.

So am I at a point where I have to just abandon all of these expensive upgrades I paid for and that I should just stick with Delphi XE3 if I want to USE TeeChart in my projects? I have a very large project that I have developed over the years (over 500,000 lines of code) that would require major modifications to use a different charting component - and I do like TeeChart... it's awesome, and having to go away from it would not make me a very happy camper.

But I am totally baffled by this and feel like this is getting hopeless.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri May 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello,

First of all let me apologise once again for the time you've lost with this.
I'm still pretty sure it must be some bad configuration in the IDE (paths/components) or the packages you are installing must not match your environment.
If you followed the instructions we've pointed in this thread, it should work fine for any environment. However, one way or another it seems you can't find where's the problem. In that case we could give a look at your machine through a remote session if you wish to.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Fri May 22, 2015 3:13 pm

My installation is pretty much a virgin XE8 install with only QReport, TeeChart Pro, DBISAM and InfoPower installed. None of the other three should be conflicting with this, which is why I am so puzzled by this. I've never had any issues like this before with anything.

If you want to give that a shot, I'd be okay with that. Let me know what to do and when, and we can go from there.

My email is rhillier@swconnection.com if you want to take the correspondence there.

Thanks.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Hello Rick,

I've just sent you a mail so we can meet in an online support session.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello,

For the record, this was just a problem with the packages trying to be installed.
Rick was trying to use the TQRChart packages from here:
http://www.steema.com/download/vcl

Note the packages above are for the TeeChart Lite/Standard version shipped with the IDEs.
The packages for the TeeChart Pro version are the ones that Sandra attached in the post here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Rick Hillier

Post by Rick Hillier » Tue May 26, 2015 1:37 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that this has been resolved.

Apparently, some dummy named Rick Hillier (that would be me :) ) downloaded the "standard" version of the Qreport Teechart components and tried to install that. Steem's tech support (thank you Marc) got onto my system via a remote session, found it, corrected it and set it all up for me.

It's nice and refreshing to see that customer support is still alive in this day and age.