Installation of QRChart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Lenfors

Installation of QRChart

Post by Lenfors » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:58 pm

Hello!

OK, now it starts again, the pain with installing QRChart..... Why has this to be EVERY time...

* Installed a new Windows 7 Pro computer (English)
* Installed Delphi XE8 Update 1 (works fine)
* Installed Quick report 5.06 (fresh downloaded latest version) and it works fine.
* Installed latest TeeChart including source code (TeeChartVCL-2015.15 + TeeChartVCLSOURCE-2015.15).

Now TeeChart works fine and Quick report works fine but as usual my projects says "Class TQRChart not found..."

How can it be this hard to make this work after installation!? At least when I do a fresh installation with the latest versions of everything I think it should work out of the box!!!!!!!

How should I proceed? Can't you make a "FixIt" program that does all the endles steps in your install documentation!

Already tried the TeeRecompile.exe with the QuickReport checked.... Same problem...

Started over and tried to follow the 24 point "Ducumentation"
Got stuck on number 13, what is the Delphi XE8 version number? According to http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/CompilerVersion_Constant it should be version 29 but there is no Tee9QR5D29.dpk file!? The highest is Tee9QR5D20.dpk.

Best regards, Mikael (Not looking forward to another day with installationproblems)

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation of QRChart

Post by Yeray » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to hear you are finding so much problems with TQRChart.

Note XE8 is version 22, as you can see here.
You can also see it in the packages in the bin folder of the IDE installation. All the dcl*.bpl packages end with *220.bpl.
So the TQRChart packages for XE8 should be named DclTee9QR5D22.dpk and Tee9QR5D22.dpk.

If you look at the TeeChart VCL public downloads page here, you'll find the TQR packages for the TeeChart Std/Lite version shipped with RAD Studio XE8 here.
So the easiest way should be getting those packages, updating the reference on them, rebuild and install the packages.

I've just done it and it seems to work fine for me. So here you have the sources and the compiled packages for TeeChart Pro v2015.15 with QuickReport 5.06 in Delphi XE8, both for win32 and win64:
Tee9QR5D22.zip
(129.27 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Actually, I see we already prepared these same packages for another customer some time ago here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy