Drilldown in a CrossTab series.

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MVBobj

Drilldown in a CrossTab series.

Post by MVBobj » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi,

Here's a problem I'm not sure how to solve.

I have a DBChart. Series Data Source is set to CrossTab and the Dataset is a SQL query with 3 data fields: Sales (double), Location (string) and AsOfDate (date).

Calc: sum of Sales

Group by: Location

Labels: AsOfDate

There are 6 locations and some locations may not have sales for all dates.

If I click on a series segment to drilldown to view underlying data for that Location/AsOfDate, how do I find the specific record in the series' parent Dataset? While it's true I have the YValue for that series segment, and I have the Location because I know which subseries was clicked, but I don't have the actual date of the XValue. I have the XLabel - but potential formatting issues could confuse things enough to make that option undesirable. I have the ValueIndex, but that isn't reliable either - there are 6 groups and there may be data gaps due to no sales activity on some dates. I need a minimum of 2 pieces of information here: the Location and the AsOfDate.

An end-user clicks on a series segment to see additional information about that segment. How do I find that information?

Thanks.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drilldown in a CrossTab series.

Post by Yeray » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:17 am

Hello,

The new "Series Detail" feature could help you with this.
Take a look at the following two examples.
- SeriesDetailSample is a simple example showing how to use this "Series Detail" new feature.
- CrossTabSeriesDetailSample is an example using the "Series Detail" new feature in combination with TDBCrossTabSource.

This new feature will be available with the next maintenance release.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy