Install TQRChart in Delphi 10 Seattle

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Lenfors

Install TQRChart in Delphi 10 Seattle

Post by Lenfors » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 pm

Hello!

So, now it starts again, tha pain installing TQRChart.....

This time it's on a new installed Windows 10 machine with Delphi 10 Seattle and latest versions of TChart (2015.16) and QuickReport (5.06).

Tried to follow the installation instructions but got stuck at nr 13 the first one involving TQRChart.
"13. Open the runtime packages for TQRChart. They are called Tee9QR5D17.dpk,
Tee8QR4D11.dpk, Tee7QR4D10.dpk,... (see the nomenclature appendix at the end of this
document). You will find these packages in your TeeChart installation folder, inside
QuickReport folder."

Delphi 10 Seattle should be number 23, but I can't fint any Tee9QR5D23.dpk anywhere!? The highest number is 20!?

So I tried to Tee9QR5D23.dpk insted but get error when compiling "[dcc32 Fatal Error] Tee9QR5D20.dpk(36): E2202 Required package 'QR506RunDXE6W64' not found"
Why is there a W64 reference? I'm only using Win32!?

Best regards, Mikael

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Install TQRChart in Delphi 10 Seattle

Post by Yeray » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 am

Hello,

You can download the TeeChart Standard 2015 for QuickReport 5 in Delphi 10 Seattle here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Lenfors

Post by Lenfors » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Hello!

Just coming to the "TeeChart Evaluation Download"? What to do next? Can't find any downloads for TQRChart there!?

I downloaded both the latest binary insaller and the source code package, Why isn't TQRChart insluded there?

Best regards, Mikael

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Mikael,
Lenfors wrote:Just coming to the "TeeChart Evaluation Download"? What to do next? Can't find any downloads for TQRChart there!?
If you scroll the page down you'll find the "Additional Downloads" section and the "Integration for QuickReport" downloads there.
Lenfors wrote:I downloaded both the latest binary insaller and the source code package, Why isn't TQRChart insluded there?
It is (search for "QuickReport" into your TeeChart installation folder), but when the installation fails we sometimes recommend trying to upgrade the packages for the Standard/Lite version to the Pro version.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Lenfors

Post by Lenfors » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:51 am

Ok, found it. downloaded it and now what!?

Tried to open the Tee9QR506D230.dpk (as I would do with any other known package). When compiling I get Fatal error "Tee not found".
Tried to open the DclTee9QR506D230.dpk. When compiling I get Fatal error "TeeDB not found".

What is the problem with this package!? We use lots and lots of other packages and not one of them is remotely this complicated to install!? Every time we upgrade Delphi I end up with a supportcase like this and spend days trying to get QRChart to work!

We even bought source code from you to avoid this type of problems! I think at least when you have all the source code it should just be a compile needed!

I also tried your TeeRecompile utility a houndred times. Checked QuickReport option and run it. Not a singe error message but there has never appeared any TQRChart in Delphi!

We reinstalled a fresh Windows 10 machine. Installed latest version of Delphi Seattle Enterprise. Installed latest version of Quick Report, Installed latest version of TeeChart including source code and still it does not work!
What are we doing wrong?

Best (irritaded) regards, Mikael

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Hello,

I've prepared and tested the TeeChart Pro v2015.16 packages for QuickReport v5.06 under RAD Studio 10 Seattle.
Find them here:
Tee9QR5D23.zip
(130.79 KiB) Downloaded 843 times
Note the compiledwin32 and compiledwin64 folders contain the packages you should be able to use without having to recompile the packages. To use them just copy the packages from the "compiledwin32" folder accordingly:
- DclTee9QR5D23.bpl to $(BDS)\bin
- Tee9QR5D23.bpl to %windir%\SysWOW64 (if you are in a 64bit OS) or to %windir%\System32 (if you are in a 32bit OS)
- The rest of the files from the "compiledwin32" folder to $(BDS)\lib\win32\release and $(BDS)\lib\win32\Debug

In the case you want compile you projects for Win64, also copy the packages from the "compiledwin64" folder accordingly:
- Tee9QR5D23.bpl to %windir%\System32.
- The rest of the files from the "compiledwin64" folder to $(BDS)\lib\win64\release and $(BDS)\lib\win64\Debug

Then you should be able to open the IDE, add the $(BDS)\bin\DclTee9QR5D23.bpl package to the components list in the IDE and use it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software