Chart color resets

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Softdrill

Chart color resets

Post by Softdrill » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Hello,

I have a small problem that drives me crazy as I cannot seem to find the solution. :(
Whenever I set the color of my TCharts (2 on form) it reverts to another color (clBtnFace, regardless of form color) as soon as I save (design time) or resize (run time).
Screenshot.jpg
Image indicating what happens. This on is design time with TChart selected.
Screenshot.jpg (32.58 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
I can block this behavior by setting a gradient of all the same colors, but that's not what I want.
What am I overlooking? Is there a default or transparent property I am missing?

Please note the TCharts are embedded in DevExpress Layout Control with application skinning applied.

Thanks for your help. Regards,
Mark

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chart color resets

Post by Yeray » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Mark,

I've created a new project with just a chart aligned to the form.

- Without changing anything else, adding this code and running the project, I can resize the form (and the chart with it) and the color still looks white:

Code: Select all

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Chart1.Gradient.Visible:=false;
  Chart1.Color:=clWhite;

Chart1.Walls.Back.Gradient.Visible:=false;
  Chart1.Walls.Back.Color:=clWhite;
end;
- Changing the properties above through the editor, I can save the project and the chart still looks white, both at designtime and at runtime.
The properties in the editor are under "Chart/Panel/Gradient", "Chart/Panel/Color", "Chart/Walls/Back/Pattern" and "Chart/Walls/Back/Format".
I also tried switching to the text view of the dfm (Ctrl+F12) and back again to the design view (Ctrl+F12) to see if there's any problem with the serialization.

If you still find problems with it, please try to isolate the problem from DevExpress and send us a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy