latest documentation?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
fjrohlf

latest documentation?

Post by fjrohlf » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:12 pm

What is the best documentation source for the VCL version of TeeChart? I have found various files but often for .net or java and they don't seem to match what is needed for VCL code. The hierarchy of variables seems very different or perhaps I am looking at files for different versions of the software.

Thanks

fjrohlf

Re: latest documentation?

Post by fjrohlf » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:13 am

Note the file labelled "TeeChart Pro v2015 VCL/FMX library reference and user guide" looks appropriate but many times when I click on a hyperlink I get the browser message: Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported". Rather frustrating - especially when the link looked like it might lead me to the answer to my question. The latest one was a link to "labelsangle" which I wanted to find out how to use in order to have the labels along one of the axes at a slight angle.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Hello,

Find the online docs here.
Also note newer versions of Windows need WinHelp32 to support old help file formats.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

fjrohlf

Post by fjrohlf » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:09 pm

thanks but so far I have not found a winhelp program to install for Windows 10.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:33 am

Hi again,
fjrohlf wrote:Note the file labelled "TeeChart Pro v2015 VCL/FMX library reference and user guide" looks appropriate but many times when I click on a hyperlink I get the browser message: Error opening Help in Windows-based programs: "Feature not included" or "Help not supported". Rather frustrating - especially when the link looked like it might lead me to the answer to my question. The latest one was a link to "labelsangle" which I wanted to find out how to use in order to have the labels along one of the axes at a slight angle.
I'm sorry, the Win32Help program is to open .hlp help files.
There may be some link broken in the TeeChart.chm help but I can open it with Windows 10, and I can search for LabelsAngle without problems:
LabelsAngle.png
LabelsAngle.png (55.42 KiB) Viewed 10294 times
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy