Gradient Balance and GDI+

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
s_milli

Gradient Balance and GDI+

Post by s_milli » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:53 pm

I just recently upgraded to TeeChart VCL Pro v2015.16 from 2012. I noticed several things changed in the appearance of my charts. One problem is with the gradient balance. It no longer has any effect. I replicated this problem with the TeeChart demo program. Using the Radial Gradient demo un 3D Canvas, the gradient balance under options has no effect if GDI+ is enabled. Disabling GDI+ allows the balance to work.

I have not enabled GDI+ in my code, but it appears to be enabled by default. How can I disable GDI+ for my chart when I am not using any GDI+ components?

I also have a side question. It doesn't seem possible to have the demo display the C++ code. When I try to configure the demo to point to Examples\Features_Builder2017, it doesn't show the code. Can I get the demo to show the C++ source code or do I just have to manually look at the directory to find the source code?

Thanks,
Scott

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gradient Balance and GDI+

Post by Yeray » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi Scott,
s_milli wrote:I just recently upgraded to TeeChart VCL Pro v2015.16 from 2012. I noticed several things changed in the appearance of my charts. One problem is with the gradient balance. It no longer has any effect. I replicated this problem with the TeeChart demo program. Using the Radial Gradient demo un 3D Canvas, the gradient balance under options has no effect if GDI+ is enabled. Disabling GDI+ allows the balance to work.

I have not enabled GDI+ in my code, but it appears to be enabled by default. How can I disable GDI+ for my chart when I am not using any GDI+ components?
Note TeeChart 2013.09 moved the default Canvas from GDI to GDIPlus. Take a look at the options you have to change from GDIPlus to GDI here.
s_milli wrote:I also have a side question. It doesn't seem possible to have the demo display the C++ code. When I try to configure the demo to point to Examples\Features_Builder2017, it doesn't show the code. Can I get the demo to show the C++ source code or do I just have to manually look at the directory to find the source code?
I'm afraid C++ Builder demos are not up to date; only Delphi demos have been updated. If you have problems converting any Delphi example into C++ Builder please let us know and we will try to assist you.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

s_milli

Post by s_milli » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Yeray,

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't even think to look under the 3D tab since I am not using any 3D features (probably the only place I didn't look). I do like the higher quality that GDI+ provides, but I don't want to give up the look I have created under GDI. Shouldn't the gradient balance work under GDI+?

Thanks,
Scott

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi Scott,

I've added it to the public tracker:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1384
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy