Left Axis Labeling

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
s_milli

Left Axis Labeling

Post by s_milli » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:20 pm

I upgraded from TeeChart 2012 to 2015.16 and now the left axis labels are behaving strange for the same code. It is not creating all the tick labels like it did in 2012. I am dealing with very small numbers (1e-12), so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Also, it tends to set the minimum to an extremely small number (and sometimes negative) even though the data is no smaller than 5e-18.

Here is what a plot looked like with 2012:
Left Axis TeeChart 2012.JPG
Left Axis TeeChart 2012.JPG (14.67 KiB) Viewed 5105 times
Here is what the same plot looks like with 2015.16 running the same code only linked to 2015.16:
Left Axis TeeChart 2015.16.JPG
Left Axis TeeChart 2015.16.JPG (13.01 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
In an attempt to fix this issue, I have tried programmatically setting the left axis properties including auto versus manual min max settings. Nothing I've tried fixes this.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Left Axis Labeling

Post by Yeray » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:19 am

Hi Scott,

Could you please arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

s_milli

Post by s_milli » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi Yeray,

Here is a simple generic project in Embarcadero C++ Builder XE7 that shows the problem. I set up the code to generate random numbers in the range that causes problems. I have three buttons on the form that produce three different results showing the progression of the problem. Each time you click a button, a new random set of data is plotted.

- Button 'Plot 1e-10' has normal labeling most of the time. Occasionally, the minimum label for the Y-axis goes to 2.7e-26 when the rest of the data is in the 1 to 9e-11 range.
- Button 'Plot 5e-11' only has labels for two or three major ticks and nothing else.
- Button 'Plot 1e-11' only has one label towards the top.

There seems to be a hard cutoff around 3e-11. I have tried both autoscaling and manually setting the min and max for the Y-axis (left axis). Neither seems to make a difference in this behavior.

Thanks,
Scott
Attachments
TeeChart Label Test.zip
(48.19 KiB) Downloaded 413 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello,

I've moved your test application to Delphi and reduced it to the minimum and I'm still able to reproduce the problem here so I've added it to the public tracker:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1390

Feel free to add your mail to the CC list to be automatically notified when an update arrives.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy