Sales Funnel

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MVBobj

Sales Funnel

Post by MVBobj » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to add a sales funnel to an application I'm working on. In the demos and series I see pyramids, triangles and cones but nothing that would really work for a sales funnel. The pyramid looks best but the traditional sales funnel has the narrow end of the funnel either on the bottom (vertical funnel) or on the right (horizontal funnel). CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and Sales Funnels are becoming pretty important in business now and more so into the future.

If the pyramid could be rotated either 90 degrees clockwise (horizontal funnel) or 180 degrees (vertical funnel) that would work. Also if the pyramid could be rounded.

I've been tasked with producing a 5 or 6 segment horizontal sales funnel - the segments would have different percentages displayed depending on the data source.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sales Funnel

Post by Yeray » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:41 am

Hello,
MVBobj wrote:I'm looking to add a sales funnel to an application I'm working on. In the demos and series I see pyramids, triangles and cones but nothing that would really work for a sales funnel. The pyramid looks best but the traditional sales funnel has the narrow end of the funnel either on the bottom (vertical funnel) or on the right (horizontal funnel). CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and Sales Funnels are becoming pretty important in business now and more so into the future.

If the pyramid could be rotated either 90 degrees clockwise (horizontal funnel) or 180 degrees (vertical funnel) that would work. Also if the pyramid could be rounded.

I've been tasked with producing a 5 or 6 segment horizontal sales funnel - the segments would have different percentages displayed depending on the data source.
Vertical funnel: If you invert the Left Axis, the TPyramidSeries will look as rotated 180 degrees.
inv_pyramid.png
inv_pyramid.png (14.81 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
Horizontal funnel: Have you seen the TVolumePipeSeries? If you set it's ConePercent property to 100, it looks weird in 3D but it looks fine in 2D.
horiz.png
horiz.png (8.54 KiB) Viewed 4922 times
To round it, this doesn't look bad (but Chart3DPercent at 100 gives a strange result):
horiz_round.png
horiz_round.png (19.39 KiB) Viewed 4917 times

Code: Select all

Chart1.Chart3DPercent:=97;

Chart1.Aspect.Orthogonal:=false;
  Chart1.Aspect.Rotation:=324;
  Chart1.Aspect.Elevation:=348;
An alternative would be using OpenGL (here you can put Chart3DPercent at 100 without problems):
horiz_round_opengl.png
horiz_round_opengl.png (12.18 KiB) Viewed 4918 times
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy