Question about calculation for VolumePipe

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
MVBobj

Question about calculation for VolumePipe

Post by MVBobj » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Hi,

Is there any way we could modify the calculation for the VolumePipe segments to make them a little more visually intuitive?

For example:
TeeChart1.jpg
TeeChart1.jpg (32.53 KiB) Viewed 4831 times
TeeChart2.jpg
TeeChart2.jpg (38.56 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
Both graphics show the same data. In the first graphic, it is clear that the $75,000 on the left and on the right are the same size - and while the second looks more appealing as a sales funnel, it looks a bit awkward that the $75,000 on the left appears noticeably smaller than the $75,000 on the right.

This IS a VolumePipe and it is clear to me that I am looking at volume and not width but it might be nice to be able to make this look more comparable without reducing the Cone Percent to the point that we no longer have as visually appealing a sales funnel.

Is there anything you could suggest to remedy this?

Thanks.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about calculation for VolumePipe

Post by Yeray » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello,

If you modify the series so the polygon widths represent the values, if you have a cone percent > 0, as you say, the areas won't represent the values any more.
Wouldn't be awkward to have two polygons with notable different areas trying to represent the same value? If you are okay with that, you can modify the series as you wish.

As an alternative, you could try to put similar values together to minimize the effect. But I understand this effect is something to expect in this kind of series.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy