Correct installation procedure?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Softdrill NL

Correct installation procedure?

Post by Softdrill NL » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Hello,

I am experiencing quite some issues using TeeChart Pro and Delphi 10 Seattle. I had an installation where TChart Help was not integrated in the IDE, the NewFeatures demo would not show the sample source code (the Configure button worked but to no effect) and startup of Delphi was extremely slow (> 2 min)!

I have removed all, installed the Source Code installation and ran TeeRecompile. However, no luck: still no integrated help, no NewFeatures demo installed (so no sample source either).

Is it possible to list the correct procedure to install everything correctly (binary, source or both and in what order)?

Thanks,
Mark

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Correct installation procedure?

Post by Yeray » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi Mark,

We use to recommend installing the binary version before installing the source code version because only the binary version comes with the examples and documentation.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Softdrill NL

Post by Softdrill NL » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Yeray,

I removed everything (Control Panel / Uninstall), manually removed the remaining folders & content in C:\Program Files (x86) and used CCleaner to clean remaining registry keys. Rebooted the machine, installed Binary, installed Source and ran TeeRecompile (successfully).

Still no integrated help in Seattle IDE... :(

Now I am trying to run Start / All Apps / Steema TeeChart PRO VCL / New Features Demo 64 and get the following error message:
Error New Features Demo.jpg
Error New Features Demo.jpg (45.67 KiB) Viewed 17171 times
What to do?

Regards,
Mark

Softdrill NL

Post by Softdrill NL » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:49 pm

PS: Now that I followed the "correct" procedure (as described above) I'm also back to the problem that starting up Delphi 10 is extremely slow... When I had just the Source Code version installed, startup was fast as usual. Any suggestions?

Rgds,
Mark

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:58 am

Hello Mark,
Softdrill NL wrote:I removed everything (Control Panel / Uninstall), manually removed the remaining folders & content in C:\Program Files (x86) and used CCleaner to clean remaining registry keys. Rebooted the machine, installed Binary, installed Source and ran TeeRecompile (successfully).
This sounds as the appropriate way to proceed.
We use to recommend to run TeeInstall.exe to uninstall a version from the IDE (binary or compiled sources) instead of fully uninstalling the program. If you run TeeInstall.exe and no TeeChart Pro is found in the IDE it continues in install mode.
So you can uninstall&reinstall a version without having to run the full installer and without having to re-register the product.
Note we also recommend running TeeInstall and TeeRecompile "as administrator" to be sure it will have the necessary rights.
Softdrill NL wrote:Still no integrated help in Seattle IDE... :(
If you don't find a TeeChart.chm file at the "Help\Doc" folder in the IDE, you can try put there the .chm from here.

An alternative is to use the online docs here.
Softdrill NL wrote:Now I am trying to run Start / All Apps / Steema TeeChart PRO VCL / New Features Demo 64 and get the following error message:
I'd suggest you to try this:
- Run TeeInstall.exe from the binary installation (Delphi23 folder) "as administrator". It should run in uninstall mode.
- Run TeeInstall.exe from the binary installation (Delphi23 folder) "as administrator". It should run in install mode.
- Run the New Features Demo 64. Does it run?
- Run TeeInstall.exe from the source code installation (Compiled\Delphi23.win32 folder) "as administrator". It should run in uninstall mode.
- Run TeeInstall.exe from the source code installation (Compiled\Delphi23.win32 folder) "as administrator". It should run in install mode.
- Run the New Features Demo 64. Does it run?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Softdrill NL

Post by Softdrill NL » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi Yeray,

Ran the first uninstall/install (binary) and New Features Demo 64 ran, but no source code available with examples. :(

Ran second uninstall/install (source) and get the same error message again:
New Features 64 error.jpg
New Features 64 error.jpg (44.13 KiB) Viewed 17165 times
Regards,
Mark

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:23 am

Hello Mark,

I did the same thing here and found no problems.
Are the TeeChart packages modified in your Source code version?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Softdrill NL

Post by Softdrill NL » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi Yeray,

I suppose you mean whether I made modifications myself? If so, that is not the case; all was installed from a fresh download. The only thing different from the default installation is that I unchecked the QRReport option in TeeCompile (not required, I use RBuilder).

I also like to note that starting up Delphi is extremely slow again (literally > 2 mins). When I had only the binary version installed, startup was quick as usual (couple of seconds).

Regards,
Mark

PS: Please note that I am not available tomorrow, so the next response may be delayed.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:55 am

Hello Mark,

Another thing that sometimes causes strange things like this are not up-to-date IDEs. Do you have the Update 1 installed in RAD 10 Seattle?
Softdrill NL wrote:I also like to note that starting up Delphi is extremely slow again (literally > 2 mins). When I had only the binary version installed, startup was quick as usual (couple of seconds).
It sounds as if the IDE started some validating process after finding some change in the packages being loaded. If that was the case, could the IDE be finding some issue with the internet connection?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 am

Hello,

Copying TeeChart.chm, available at TeeChart's Docs folder, to RAD Studio's help folder (e.g.: %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Help\Doc) and pressing F1 from the IDE, works fine.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum